Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

Really good tonight. Had more space and time on the ball going forward. Crossing and passing wasn’t as rushed and panicked as usual. Defended really well and took one of their players out the game.

NOWT gets past him!  I have been telling you all, all season. (Smug face).

He literally got done in the game tonight a few times :lol:

Thought he was class tonight, still a traction engine when it comes to overlapping his winger, but that’s never been his game.

Looked the best and most assured out of side out there.

If by some miracle he can stay fit, and play until end of season - with Manquillo hopefully picking up where he left off, defensively we’re decent enough

Apart from Trezeguet in the first half for a clear run and shot on goal from the angle.

I thought you would log that you tit!  Would you rather have Lewis at left back?

Thought he was class tonight, still a traction engine when it comes to overlapping his winger, but that’s never been his game.

Looked the best and most assured out of side out there.

If by some miracle he can stay fit, and play until end of season - with Manquillo hopefully picking up where he left off, defensively we’re decent enough

Sir, I thank you.  You obviously know the game of football.

Apart from Trezeguet in the first half for a clear run and shot on goal from the angle.

I thought you log that you tit!  Would you rather have Lewis at left back?

Make your mind up, Rod Bruce.

Who is your choice at left back?

I’d have Dummett just but they’re both limited to fuck and nowhere near good enough currently.

I’d have Dummett just but they’re both limited to fuck and nowhere near good enough currently.

Then I rest my case.  Sorry for being rude to you.

He’s fine at blocking and getting his head on things but anything played over the top, he struggles and he gets taken on easier than normal. It was his crossing that surprised me. He still turned back to pass inside to Clark more than you’d like but the pass into Murphy was above expectations too.

That must be the nicest thing I’ve ever said about Dummett.

I've never rated him. Even before all his injury problems but after I thought for sure he was finished, especially after that left wingback performance against Sheff Utd, which was more about the manager than him to be fair.

However, far better chance of surviving with him and Manquillo in the side.

He's infinitely better than Lewis despite being limited himself.

Next step is getting Manquillo back in the team and keep him fit because Krafth is the worst full back in the league. Followed closely by Lewis 😂

Dummett is probably the best defensive fullback we’ve had since Enrique and probably better than him even. Enrique obviously had the great understanding with Jonas and they helped each other both directions which Dummett has never had the luxury of.

You know what you are going to get with him. Where we are at he should’ve been playing when fit all season. Where we want to go you’d want better but it will always be at the cost of the defence as he’s definitely one of the best in the league solely for defending. Was perfect for Rafa’s initial system.

Wouldn’t have him better than Enrique at defending, mind. He’d show the line to the likes of Aaron Lennon and Walcott in their prime and dare them to beat him. He was fucking rapid without looking like it and really strong, too.