Newcastle Utd 0 - 0 West Ham Utd - 24/08/13 - post-match reaction from page 41

Neil

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

We weren't awful because we did threaten them but we just lacked composure in the final third to deliver better crosses or to  take a ball on the volley instead of controlling it. Shola did offer us a new dimension we lacked against City but his lack of energy and pace is glaring.

Another long season beckons.

The reaction one was unlucky perhaps but Gouffran dallied too much on the first one when he was in. You've got to test the keeper there.

I was surprised how poor W Ham were. Baffling subs that didn't go down well from fatso too.

Krul - 7 Looked a little nervous at times, terrible hoofing out but i still blame pardew for that mostly and did all the goalie work he had to

Debuchy - 5 Much improved, but still a timebomb against pace, did some good attacking work tho

Santon - 6 Wasted good offensive work at times, thought defended alright though

Mbiwa - 7 Did good defensive work and looked a threat at set pieces

Colo - 7 Solid

Anita - 8 Tidy kept possession

Sissoko - 6 Responsible for a lot of the forward drive but again way to sloppy passing

Ben arfa - 7 No end product today but seemed the only one really trying to score

Marv - 7 Similar to Ben Arfa, not as many runs but did some good crosses / corners

Cisse - 2 did nothing, only 2 cos he never got a good chance made for him which is how he needs it

Shola - 0 Nothing much to say about this, ruined a lot of chances, basically a west ham player

Sammy Ameobi - 7 actually looked a threat, nearly scored with a cross, impressed a bit, still think his decision making is awful

Gouffran - 6 Wasted his chances but at least looked lively compared to the other strikers

Pardew - 0 Coward, always has been, always will be

To be fair to Ben Arfa, the majority of the time he had the ball he was being chased and closed down by 2 or 3 players.

He was completely found out over there today towards the end though. Just block him cutting in with 2/3 players & on his right theres nowt.

Guest bimpy474

If we do sign Gomis, it would have to be Gomis and Remy together. Cisse and Shola are just awful right now.

We aren't signing anyone.

Should have bolded the do like :lol:

Some people here saying it was not bad, improvement etc. Jesus f***ing christ guys, wake up.

This is how we played last season, and its how we will play this season.

No plan, no offensive drive. We do not create s***, nothing, nada.

If you can not see it by now, you never will.

We were but the main reason for that is because we have 2 strikers who offer f*ck all to the team.

Replace Cisse and Shola with Remy and Gouffran and the performances improve.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I am waiting for that mate, i have been waiting for the improvement for over a season.

Sure Pardew will get it with those two missing pieces.

Thing is Pardew won't see it and we will still be f*cking shit.

What we lack from an attacking sense is forwards which can contribute to build up and run in behind.

Neither Shola and Cisse can do that so it just means total and utter dog shit.

Well despite the 0-0, I thought there were positives to take from that, with one big negative.

Positives:

- Better than last season's equivalent.

- Defence looked mostly solid.

- Sissoko looks much better in midfield than he did in the hole.

- Anita was very tidy, whilst Sammy put in a good shift from the bench.

Negatives:

- 17 shots, 0 on target. That is absolutely staggering.

- Shola Ameobi

- Ben Arfa wasn't at his best today, his shots were wild and he often did too much.

But overall, I'm not flipping over tables tonight.

Well despite the 0-0, I thought there were positives to take from that, with one big negative.

Positives:

- Better than last season's equivalent.

- Defence looked mostly solid.

- Sissoko looks much better in midfield than he did in the hole.

- Anita was very tidy, whilst Sammy put in a good shift from the bench.

Negatives:

- 17 shots, 0 on target. That is absolutely staggering.

- Shola Ameobi

- Ben Arfa wasn't at his best today, his shots were wild and he often did too much.

But overall, I'm not flipping over tables tonight.

:thup:

Pretty much the same as most home performances last year. We've seemingly learnt little and worked on nothing.

Thought people are being a bit harsh on Debuchy. Wins as many headers as I've ever seen a 'proper' full-back and gets so little cover from the midfield it's unreal. Yeah he got done for pace once or twice but didn't think it was a particularly bad performance.

Ben Arfa is best on the counter to be fair, he can be blocked out the game when we dither too much as we always do in the attack by enough defenders but this should leave space in behind him for a striker with good movement to exploit as he drags defenders away...oh wait

Pretty much the same as most home performances last year. We've seemingly learnt little and worked on nothing.

Thought people are being a bit harsh on Debuchy. Wins as many headers as I've ever seen a 'proper' full-back and gets so little cover from the midfield it's unreal. Yeah he got done for pace once or twice but didn't think it was a particularly bad performance.

Debuchy had a sold game for me.

Jarvis beat him a couple of times but that's to be expected imo.

Some people here saying it was not bad, improvement etc. Jesus f***ing christ guys, wake up.

This is how we played last season, and its how we will play this season.

No plan, no offensive drive. We do not create s***, nothing, nada.

If you can not see it by now, you never will.

We were but the main reason for that is because we have 2 strikers who offer f*ck all to the team.

Replace Cisse and Shola with Remy and Gouffran and the performances improve.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I am waiting for that mate, i have been waiting for the improvement for over a season.

Sure Pardew will get it with those two missing pieces.

Thing is Pardew won't see it and we will still be f*cking shit.

What we lack from an attacking sense is forwards which can contribute to build up and run in behind.

Neither Shola and Cisse can do that so it just means total and utter dog shit.

Agree with what you say, but Pardew is just clueless.

I have zero patience with that man, just get him the fuck out of the club.

Him, JFK Ashley, the fucking lot of them.

Right, time to rate this.

Krul 6 - Not much to do really, dealt with all that was needed but nothing spectacular.

Debuchy 7.5 - Much improved from last week offensively and defensively.

MYM 6.5 - Looked shaky in the first half, decent second.

Coloccini 7 - Did ok, standard Colo performance.

Santon 7.5. - Did ok defensively and looked a good outlet.

Ben Arfa 6 - Carrying too much baggage. Clearly tasked with the job of finding a way through, all on his own.

Sissoko 6.5 - Tireless but no end product.

Anita 7 - Did well to compensate for Cabaye and Tiote's absences by playing a mix of their roles well.

Marveaux 6 - Didn't really have much go for him today. A few decent deliveries though.

Cisse 4 - Headless chicken stuff, poor in a partnership with Ameobi. How do you use this man properly...

Ameobi 4 - What was the point...lost the ball in some promising attacking moves, just not in the same wavelength.

Sammy 6.5 - Decent pace, looked good.

Gouffran 4 - Had the two best chances. Took too long to shoot in the first, bad miss in the next. The latter shows he's not a natural striker.

Pardew 4 - Props for starting Anita and Marveaux, but Shola shouldn't even be there. Set us up ok defensively, but clueless in making it tick going forward. Coward.