NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good if we genuinely do have a back up option to Grenier. Would be surprised by that.

The face the agent said he spoke to Pardew directly makes me think it's bullshit though :)

At least Pardew spouting off publicly about Grenier would make more sense then, as it could be a smokescreen for this bid. Clutching at straws again I know.

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/100-2013-review/2013/12/8/filip-duricic

2013 has been…

Cheeky. Why would you simply knock it past a defender and do him for pace when you can nutmeg him first to really make the point? Why would you roll it past the keeper to score when you can dribble around him or chip him to show your superiority? Why would simply trap the ball when you can take it on the outside of your foot as if it was nothing? Why would you dummy to try and buy some room when a series of elaborate step-overs will not only buy it but also keep the change?

This was basically the story of Filip Djuricic’s time at Heerenveen where he grew into an outstanding talent. In his 100 plus games in Holland he grew from an occasionally brilliant but most often frustrating youngster who needed to learn that impudence can only be earned through consistency, to a player capable of turning games on his own. His eye-catching style and flair for the elaborate always brought him followers, but once he managed to add some maturity and consistency to his natural talents the blue touch paper was really lit.

The inevitable transfer came in the summer after a standout season in the Eredivisie and it was Benfica who moved decisively. Several clubs retain an interest, Liverpool and Manchester United said to be chief among them, but the player has made no secret of his desire to one day play in Spain and the similarities in climate and playing style may well have been a factor in his decision to opt for Portugal. Since the move his form has dipped and playing time has been limited making it a year (to coin a cliché) of two halves. They’re yet to see the very best of him in Portugal but they shouldn’t rush to judgment yet, the talent will shine through in the end.

What next?

He needs to settle in his new surroundings and get some time on the pitch to earn some patience as he recovers his form. He may well frustrate in the short term as his natural style can look over elaborate if he’s not consistently pulling things off, but the talent remains and will come to the fore again we’re positive.

Internationally he’s very much part of the first eleven and already has plenty of games and goals for the full Serbian international side. A bright future awaits at all levels and his indifferent start to life with Benfica will be a character-building memory soon enough we’re sure. He may be a touch more highlight-reel than dogged worker but that’s no bad thing, football needs entertainers and it’s worth keeping an eye out for him if you see his name on a team sheet. A grade B for his last season with Heerenveen, a D for his start to life at Benfica, a C for the twelve months as a whole seems fair.

“One of the many youngsters dubbed 'the Cruijff of the Balkans', Djuricic wowed the Dutch crowd with superb performances. Technically perfect, a great dribbler and a well deserved transfer to Benfica followed, but struggles to get game time there” - Michiel Jongsma, Benefoot

Go on then...

Played 4 games since he joined them, sounds like a Marveaux replacement :lol:

played 8 games and scored once ;) The English wikipedia is not updated regularly....

Benfica like Porto will want big money for him....not sure if 10m would be enough.

He played in the Dutch league last season and we know that Carr regularly scouts there so there might be some truth in the rumour.

Youtube tells me he's a good , ben arfa-like dribbler.

I bought him on PES to eventually replace Cabaye and play with him.... he ended up benching him.

If there's any relation to real life he's a good dribbler, with excellent close control and passing.

I haven't seen him for one minute in real life mind and i still expect this to be another smoke screen tbh.

Guest bimpy474

A Benfica sub as a replacement for Cabaye. Great.

Couldn't care less where he's from, if he's good i'll take him. I get your point though, not exactly one to get your blood flowing.

He may well frustrate in the short term as his natural style can look over elaborate.

He may be a touch more highlight-reel than dogged worker but that’s no bad thing, football needs entertainers and it’s worth keeping an eye out for him if you see his name on a team sheet.

:lol:

Not only does Pardew have no say in transfers, but Carr clearly despises him. Brilliant.

Scott Wilson (Northern Echo) thinks it might be a quiet day for us tomorrow but the Mackems and Smogmonsters are going to be busy. Good to hear our rivals are trying to better themselves whilst we are content to sell our best players and bank as much money as possible. We really are small time and it is shameful.

How f***ing often have we heard that going into the last day of the window. "expected to be quiet at newcastle" "closed for business" "keeping our powder dry"

f*** them.

Since Ashley basically. The transfer window is usually an exciting time for fans but not for us. We just get told we have no money and Pardew pimps our best players.

Guest Brazilianbob

The fans should boycott a home game that coincides with a heed home game and go to the heed game instead.  Imagine 30k at the heed and only 20k at sjp.  Maybe then Ashley might get the message that the fans have to be taken seriously.

The fans should boycott a home game that coincides with a heed home game and go to the heed game instead.  Imagine 30k at the heed and only 20k at sjp.  Maybe then Ashley might get the message that the fans have to be taken seriously.

considering the majority will already have paid for season tickets, i doubt he'll be that arsed tbh.