NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest reefatoon

How and why does the chronicle think if we buy Townsend our spending will be 38 million in Jan??

I think Lee Ryder failed maths.

More like failed at life he gets paid for this s***

In all fairness that doesn't sound like failing at life, that sounds like a sweet gig. Getting paid to mash your sausage fingers on a keyboard daily.

Read somewhere this morning that we are interested in Caicedo from Spain (Espanol), he is a very avergae player, seen him twice in the last year and wasn't particularly impressed. Very strong and puts himself about but not even one of the top ten in Spain... No thanks!

Read somewhere this morning that we are interested in Caicedo from Spain (Espanol), he is a very avergae player, seen him twice in the last year and wasn't particularly impressed. Very strong and puts himself about but not even one of the top ten in Spain... No thanks!

Played for Man City ages ago didn't he? The guy is huge but crap.

A Twitter account says we are going to try something unthinkable, these people are always 100% correct aren't they ?

buy good players for positions we need ?

Indykalia :lol: absolute bellend that account

Douglas:

I would think Newcastle United are going to have a very different looking squad by the time the transfer window shuts. At least three are going to leave, I’d believe.

Bastia are showing interest in Manu Riviere, Florian Thauvin’s move to Marseille could happen next week and I understand several other first teamers are available if the price is right. Siem de Jong may also be loaned back to Holland.

Incoming? Newcastle are working on a striker deal and want Andros Townsend, although they weren’t keen at the price Spurs originally quoted. I’m not sure what has changed, other than Thauvin’s potential departure.

Striker-wise, Newcastle are now looking overseas. Manolo Gabbiadini’s name won’t go away; Saido Berahino is the one they really want. Loic Remy is another one to watch.

I think Newcastle are realistically looking at two more signings and then it’ll be opportunistic stuff in the final week of the window.

Is that clear?!

And still no mention of a LB which, in my view, is way more important than the AT signing.

There seems to be very little appreciation at the club of the importance of balance and a LB would enhance us massively.

Thauvin, Tiote and De Jong out this window? Would be typically us to make a couple of signings yet weaken the squad overall.

I'm not convinced Townsend is an upgrade on Thauvin, certainly not long term. Shelvey is a massive bonus but I hope we don't piss on all of the good work in the first part of the window.

When you're desperate, you can't afford to hang about.

WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN: We should find the ST that we really want, ask what the club wants for him, pay it and sign him.

WHAT WILL PROBABLY HAPPEN: We will keep looking around, make a couple of 'ok' bids and run out of time. Again.

Thauvin, Tiote and De Jong out this window? Would be typically us to make a couple of signings yet weaken the squad overall.

I'm not convinced Townsend is an upgrade on Thauvin, certainly not long term. Shelvey is a massive bonus but I hope we don't piss on all of the good work in the first part of the window.

is it really weakening when those 3 aren't first choice to begin with?