NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Sounds like we're flogging Tart 1.

Get French Football

‏@GFN_France

Breaking | Marseille have activated the buy option in Rémy Cabella's loan deal, purchasing him from Newcastle! http://bit.ly/DDay2016  (RMC)

I thought they had to buy him in anycase.

Writing in his column for The Sun, Shearer said: “If he (Berahino) does join Newcastle it will take Mike Ashley’s spending to over £100million since the summer and for that he can’t be faulted.

They're all at it. :anguish:

For that he can't be faulted. I agree there like, he's spent enough money in the last two windows

Writing in his column for The Sun, Shearer said: “If he (Berahino) does join Newcastle it will take Mike Ashley’s spending to over £100million since the summer and for that he can’t be faulted.

For that he can't be faulted. I agree there like, he's spent enough money in the last two windows

Which should have been spent in the previous 5 windows.

Which should have been spent in the previous 5 windows.

Of course

£0?

£100m. Its still his decision to spend the money whether its actually his money or not

aye, but its framed by Shearer as "Ashley's spending", heavily implied it's his cash

Doubt Shearer writes his own column. I'd imagine he has a phone conversation with another writer at the paper on a Sunday evening and the ghost writer puts down on paper the gist of what Shearer said

£0?

£100m. Its still his decision to spend the money whether its actually his money or not

aye, but its framed by Shearer as "Ashley's spending", heavily implied it's his cash

things like "get your hand in your pocket" have been used at least since westwood, i remember it being said to McKeag and Shephard and no one thought they were spending their own money. It's just a phrase.

I'm so grateful for kind Mr Ashley for finally allowing his shit club to spend some of the substantial funds it has accumulated over the last few years though player sales and collection of increasing sums of TV money purely for existing in the Premier League without even pretending to compete. I'm sure the fact we're currently in the relegation zone has absolutely nothing to do with his overwhelming generosity.

£0?

He's not even on the board. :rolleyes:

He owns the club, I'd imagine he has a fairly large part to play in whether we spend loads of money or not

The players we've signed aren't world beaters but they're very good signings in the context of what we need.  A central midfielder that can pass, a less shit defensive midfielder, a winger that's an actual winger and an extra striker.

They're decent enough signings in the context of what other clubs around us have managed, but none of them are exactly the type you can hang your hat on to produce what is needed to keep the club up in the way a Berahino or Remy would have. I'm disappointed as well that after spending all that money we will be going into the next few games without a left back and the same leaky central defence that has been conceding goals for the last few years now.

£0?

things like "get your hand in your pocket" have been used at least since westwood, i remember it being said to McKeag and Shephard and no one thought they were spending their own money. It's just a phrase.

That's really nothing to do with what is written there, "ashley's spending" is hardly a widely used idiom, its just specific to what he's writing about.

It was the same as Hall's spending etc. the say the same with managers, how much Mourinho spent etc. No one thinks it's actually their personal cash.

I hope no one touts that "biggest spenders in January" nonsense. It'd be one thing if we were in the top 10 and making a concerted push to achieve something. It's a meaningless tag that is only an indicator of desperation when the squad has been neglected for years and we're stuck in the relegation zone in February.