NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Says something when our choices at the minute are out of Doumbia and Gomis.

Does not bode well for the rest of the season

In previous January windows we've gone after / got the likes of Shefki Kuqi and Carlton Cole, it's a huge step up from those days. Gomis would be better than nothing, and certainly better than previous panic buys.

Guest Roger Kint

Gomis is poor, man. Rather just persevere with Mitrovic, Perez and de Jong than waste time with the likes of him.

:thup: x 100

Says something when our choices at the minute are out of Doumbia and Gomis.

Does not bode well for the rest of the season

In previous January windows we've gone after / got the likes of Shefki Kuqi and Carlton Cole, it's a huge step up from those days. Gomis would be better than nothing, and certainly better than previous panic buys.

That may be true but in previous seasons, in my opinion anyways, we haven't been in such a situation where I question where wins and goals will come from.

Take Wiji away and we have a massive issue, of which the 2 players named wont resolve.

Guest Roger Kint

Is it just me or is anyone else getting a strange long forgotten feeling of faint optimism?  It's been a while since I remember feeling it so it might just be a dodgy curry playing up but i'm pretty sure it's optimism verging on hope.

see how you feel after everton, i have a feeling we're gonna get spanked about 3-0

We should be going to Everton for 3 points, they're not exactly flying atm, but, aye, not hopeful.

Aside from the current bottom 3 Everton havent won in the league since September :lol: Nailed on 3-0 home win

Have to admit I haven't really paid much attention to Gomis at Swansea but his scoring rate is similar to Ayoze's (playing mostly out wide and off the front man) and not that much better than Mitro's. Would seem a bit of a pointless one.

Plus he's 31 this year so even if we loaned him (why would Swansea do that?), there's little long term mileage in it. Maybe we're interested because we scouted the shit out of him before but it seems a totally pointless deal at this stage.

Plus he's 31 this year so even if we loaned him (why would Swansea do that?), there's little long term mileage in it. Maybe we're interested because we scouted the shit out of him before but it seems a totally pointless deal at this stage.

Last minute back up who's known to the club available and willing to come.

Doumbia is getting crazy stick in here. Signing width and left-sided threat was more imporant anyway. But at least Doumbia is quick and has CL experience - we've had worse.

In fairness most of the stick has come from those who have admitted to never seeing him play. Only natural to be apprehensive about players you haven't seen.

Doumbia is getting crazy stick in here. Signing width and left-sided threat was more imporant anyway. But at least Doumbia is quick and has CL experience - we've had worse.

Definitely, 16 goals in 23 Champions League games.  Even this season he's got 6 in 8 Champions League games.

Surely just a case of the press linking us to Gomis because Swansea want rid and we've got a long history of trying to sign him.  Think their's fuck all in it.

Seems very specific from L'Equipe though even detailing the negotiations over length of contract.

Hadn't seen that article, makes no sense to me like.  They even mention a fee, can't believe for a moment we'll pay a fee for him.  We could have taken him for free 2 years ago if we'd been willing to match what Swansea are paying him, seems absolutely mental.  That's before considering the fact he's just nothing like the player we need, at least Doumbia is consistent with the style of player we've been looking at (like Berahino, quick and tricky).

I really hope its bollocks.

Swansea seem intent on cashing in on their players. Shelvey, Ayew, Gomis etc.

Perhaps Gomis is available for a lower fee, they got him for free remember.

"For free". Guess they paid him a big sign on fee.

Point still stands. I doubt they paid him the 10m or so he would have cost in transfer fees. Perhaps they just want to cut their losses and take 4m or so?

I know theirs reports of 7m but that's too much IMO.

This is what happens when you make do in the Summer.  Your options are always restricted in the January window and even moreso when you are in a relegation fight.

How many of these players would they have signed had they not been desperate?

In fairness (fuck fairness), there was plenty of talk of us spending in this window. Remember Carver in particular running his mouth off about it.

We are definitely showing desperation though but I'd be critical if they were not.

Definitely, 16 goals in 23 Champions League games.  Even this season he's got 6 in 8 Champions League games.

Depends on the opposition though.  If that's against the likes of PSG or Dortmund it's pretty good.  Against nugget utd from wherethefuckistan not so much.

Swansea seem intent on cashing in on their players. Shelvey, Ayew, Gomis etc.

Perhaps Gomis is available for a lower fee, they got him for free remember.

"For free". Guess they paid him a big sign on fee.

Point still stands. I doubt they paid him the 10m or so he would have cost in transfer fees. Perhaps they just want to cut their losses and take 4m or so?

I know theirs reports of 7m but that's too much IMO.

If we pay £4m for him we're absolutely off our fucking rockers.

Our top targets will go right until deadline day, so makes sense to get somebody in right now (even if he's not of the highest quality he offers something we don't have) to insure we can't be left with nowt.

Doumbia I'm fine with, but I don't want Gomis (at least not instead of Doumbia).  One is quick and tricky and direct, which gives us something different.  The other offers us nowt we don't already have.

That's how I see it as well. We must be pretty desperate if we're serious about Gomis - which I doubt we are. Never seen Doumbia, but at least he's got qualities we lack.