NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Southampton apparently after Celtics Van Dijk. Is he any good and if so why aren't we in for him? We desperately need another CH and McClaren's an idiot if he doesn't realise it.

puzzler to me, looks OK, not great though. in Scotland, not so good in Europe. Sure there's better out there at a similar price.

While he plays in the SPL, which is always a worry, he is not Scottish - so there's a chance he's actually good.

Aye, Boumsong played in the SPL and wasn't Scottish either. Turned out well didn't it?

Re: Townsend, I think he's been a victim of the big squad rotation and general instability at Tottenham in recent seasons. All the changes in manager and all the transfer ins and outs, esp. with the Bale money. Sigurdsson slotting back in at Swansea so well suggests that he wasn't used properly or given a proper chance at Spurs. Danny Rose may well have slipped under the radar too if he hadn't done as well at the Mackems.

Some players have thrived at Tottenham, Lloris and Kane obviously, but it doesn't seem like the easiest club to have played for.

Re: Townsend, I think he's been a victim of the big squad rotation and general instability at Tottenham in recent seasons. All the changes in manager and all the transfer ins and outs, esp. with the Bale money. Sigurdsson slotting back in at Swansea so well suggests that he wasn't used properly or given a proper chance at Spurs. Danny Rose may well have slipped under the radar too if he hadn't done as well at the Mackems.

Some players have thrived at Tottenham, Lloris and Kane obviously, but it doesn't seem like the easiest club to have played for.

there's this plus the fact he's toilet and a total one trick pony

if he signed for us and we did some type of clockwork orange brain reprogramming on him to make him always go outside and put crosses in then there might be something there to work with for mitrogol up front but if spurs are looking for 15m we shouldn't even hang up the phone, just put it down on the table so they can hear the laughter

You may well have a point there. The best performances that I've seen from him came when he was playing for QPR and England. At Tottenham, he can look a bit lost.