NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

I think the signing of Townsend would be a clear indication that Sissoko is away in the summer

Think Sissoko is off regardless.

Sissoko & Perez off in the summer to fund them no doubt. Obviously no secret Sissoko fancies a higher level like :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley put up £55m during the close-season

No he didn't.

Nor did 'he' spend £6m on Riviere (£1.8m), nor £12.5m on Cabella (£5.2m), etc., etc.

Let's be generous and leave the TV money, all half-billion of it since Ashley oozed into town, and consider the £25m/yr advertising he's getting in lieu of the 'interest free' £130m he 'loaned' himself when he became owner.

So on that basis alone, he's into us for about £100m, Sky and prize money excluded, which is pushing half-a-billion.

#fuckingthievingfatcunt

Where are you getting these numbers from?.. ???

Lets be generous and say he has a head full of marbles.

Berahino meeting us and Chelsea today according to some bloke on TalkSport just now.

Chelsea it is then...

Madness if he does go there imo...he will undoubtedly end up in the 'Remy' situation 12-18 months down the line.

Of course he may well have squillions in the bank, a nice apartment in Kensington and some babestation bird flouncing all over him so that may compensate some...

Personally would be in like Flynn for Remy if  this is the case. Although I understand viewpoints like Micks, but quite simply they are pretty much all mercenary Cnuts these days, with one or two exceptions.

Ah man ... Chelsea might be the move he makes. Now Mourinho is out they are actually playing the younger guy and mixing it up a bit more. They're a mess at the minute, and so he'd get a chance to get in the first team.

Guest antz1uk

Mitro had a big contribution to our general team play against Man U and West Ham. Berahino is a better finisher but he won't be as involved. Berahino is a penalty taker, which distorts his stats a bit, and of his 14 goals last season, 11 were at home. We need to do better in away games.

Normally this would just be an interesting tactical choice, but we're sitting in the relegation zone and the pressure is on. Since our midfield especially is improving, maybe see how it goes against Watford and then make a decision. Remy would be a snap-their-hands-off no-brainer, of course.

No thanks, I hate everything he represents.  He's had a chance here and couldn't wait to leave so he can rot at Chelsea for all I care.

Absolutely spot on, e veryone is going on about Berahino's attitude etc, he is still young and may learn, Remy has proven to everyone he doesn't give a shit about anything except money.

Personally i think they're looking at berahino to play in a similar role to what Remy did when he was here, from the left into forward/striker. also think berahino is a replacement for Perez who i can see being sold to spurs -personally i;d rather keep Perez if that were the case

From what you read about his attitude I think he would jump at the chance to go to Chelsea, then start complaining again once he doesn't play. Footballers rarely make the smart decisions like.

So when Berahino moves to Chelsea, who's next on the list? Or is this one of those "we tried" efforts where we go for an unlikely target then just settle for what we've got. Very risky strategy considering our strikers are not exactly banging them in even if they offer more than just goals.

No thanks, I hate everything he represents.  He's had a chance here and couldn't wait to leave so he can rot at Chelsea for all I care.

Absolutely spot on, e veryone is going on about Berahino's attitude etc, he is still young and may learn, Remy has proven to everyone he doesn't give a s*** about anything except money.

It shocks me that people think this way about someone who's not done a great deal wrong and could be the difference in staying up and being relegated.

If he was driven by money then he'd have signed for QPR after their first offer and not spurned them on a couple of occasions before finally accepting one that he'd have been stupid to refuse.

The he turned down the chance to join us after his loan move to join the team that went on the become champions. And ?

Most people would have had Cabaye back, myself included, but he done far worse to us than Remy did.

Personally I would rather have someone proven, with a questionable attitude than a kid who's relatively unproven with one.

Absolutely spot on, e veryone is going on about Berahino's attitude etc, he is still young and may learn, Remy has proven to everyone he doesn't give a s*** about anything except money.

It shocks me that people think this way about someone who's not done a great deal wrong and could be the difference in staying up and being relegated.

If he was driven by money then he'd have signed for QPR after their first offer and not spurned them on a couple of occasions before finally accepting one that he'd have been stupid to refuse.

The he turned down the chance to join us after his loan move to join the team that went on the become champions. And ?

Most people would have had Cabaye back, myself included, but he done far worse to us than Remy did.

Personally I would rather have someone proven, with a questionable attitude than a kid who's relatively unproven with one.

Fuckin hell, how naive you have to be to think that Remy isn't a egocentrical/greedy bastard. Scored some important goals but has always been an arse if you ask me.

Of all players to smash the record, I would never have guessed the name being Berahino, but at the same time the record we have is peanuts in today's pricing.

With Disco here, don't give a fuck, need people who produce on the pitch now.

I really don't think that makes sense like, the fact he had no interest in QPR until they threw big money at him hardly shows that he isn't driven by money.

Would be disappointed if we let Perez go, he's a classy player. Bit short on pace at times but his skill makes up for that. If he ever goes back to La Liga (or when) he will play his best football. Could easily see Madrid coming in for him at some stage in the next few years.

Would be a mistake for him to move to Spurs.

Latest is that the Tiote deal appears to be off so that could well stall everything. I wonder if the smog levels in Shanghai caused his mind to snap and he believed he was being tricked into signing for Middlesborough

I really don't think that makes sense like, the fact he had no interest in QPR until they threw big money at him hardly shows that he isn't driven by money.

I know what you are saying but I still think that if he was driven by money he'd have gone to QPR for an extra 5k a week.

If the reports were true he knocked them back 3 times before accepting double the amount we were offering as well as being told he could leave if they went down.

At the end of the day he wanted to come to England, had no affinity to either club, both clubs are struggling and a place apart at the bottom end of the league, one's offering him the chance to play in front of 50 thousand every other week up North, the other is offering him double the wages, London and the chance to leave if it's relegated ?

Being realistic would anyone not do what he did in that situation ?