NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

Sick of hearing we need to sign players below the first team, they've been saying that shit for nearly 4 years. Just get on with it, or as we know after this long it's utter bullshit. For you to have a bit of quality to step up you need to spend money, we don't and won't. We don't even spend it on the first team, let alone on the reserves.

Truly amazes me that people who still back Pardew are still listening to the same lies and believing them.

Delph or Weimann aren't going to take us further forward IMO.

I wouldn't describe Delph as an upgrade on Anita or Tiote and given our limited budget I'd rather not see us overpay for a squad player.

Weimann hasn't really pushed on and again I'm not sure he's that much better than what we have or capable of getting

Delph would bring us a lot more than what Tiote can, but it does make you wonder what the hell the plan is formation-wise if we're genuinely after the likes of him and Cabella. More of Sissoko on the right, presumably.

Delph would bring us a lot more than what Tiote can, but it does make you wonder what the hell the plan is formation-wise if we're genuinely after the likes of him and Cabella. More of Sissoko on the right, presumably.

No chance of Tiote being dropped I don't think Delph really offers much more.

Eh? They're different sort of centre-mids for a start. Tiote, useful as he can be at times, has next to nowt to his game. Delph gets forward really well and is capable of getting a few goals.

I don't see Delph offering us anything we wouldn't have by just playing Sissoko in his best position.  Would still be a good signing as Brummie, i'm sure has said he's been their best player over the past two seasons.  Weimann seems to be a hard working wide forward who doesn't offer much in terms of creativity or goal scoring.  Basically Gouffran for the right hand side.

My biggest issue is how can players be shipped out for being not good enough, yet nobody batters an eyelid when he holds onto Shola and Dan fucking Gosling?!

I don't see Delph offering us anything we wouldn't have by just playing Sissoko in his best position.  Would still be a good signing as Brummie, i'm sure has said he's been their best player over the past two seasons.  Weimann seems to be a hard working wide forward who doesn't offer much in terms of creativity or goal scoring.  Basically Gouffran for the right hand side.

Do agree with that, mind. :thup:

Eh? They're different sort of centre-mids for a start. Tiote, useful as he can be at times, has next to nowt to his game. Delph gets forward really well and is capable of getting a few goals.

3 premier league goals in his career suggests otherwise.

My point being Delph and Tiote in a 442 isn't going to be anything other than an average central midfield two.

Throw Anita in and make it a 3 and it doesn't really make it much better imo

You'd probably replace Anita with Delph, and Sissoko would continue to be played out of position, out-wide - which is totally stupid. Or you could play Delph - Sissoko in the middle of the park, but AP would have a heart attack as he'd not think of the potential pace, drive and ability to counter - no, he'd be worried about the lack of successful tackles made in the middle of the park or the % of duels, or some other boring stat that he gets his jollies over.

Delph is a totally different player to Tiote mind, would be much more likely to be used in the Cabaye role.

Too bad he doesn't have the ability to lace Cabaye's boots

Absolutely agree, just think that is where he would be used - our chances of getting another player with Cabaye's ability under the current setup are close to zero imo.

Delph is a totally different player to Tiote mind, would be much more likely to be used in the Cabaye role.

Too bad he doesn't have the ability to lace Cabaye's boots

Absolutely agree, just think that is where he would be used - our chances of getting another player with Cabaye's ability under the current setup are close to zero imo.

Yup, I've said it a few times but I believe things are only going to regress further next season.

Selling all of our youngsters sounds like a positive, forward thinking move. We'll just bring a load more through because we're famous for doing that.

All of Conor Newton, James Tavernier, Jonas Gutierrez, Mehdi Abeid, Shane Ferguson, Romain Amalfitano, Haris Vuckic and Adam Campbell are over 22 years old apart from Adam Campbell who is 19.

I wouldn't consider them to be youngsters.

An artlcle that says they've failed to impress out on loan, yet Mehdi has played briliantly this season is either poor journalism and the writer hasn't a clue, or another example of how stupid these guys are. Probably both.

I do wonder what the hell Dummett has over the likes of Tavernier and especially Ferguson. The latter has shown absolutely fuckloads more in his fleeting first-team appearances. Sure his last appearance was home to Bordeaux, where had had a good game.

Would be disappointed to see Vuckic go but injuries have probably ruined him. Never seen Newton.

Don't know what the fuck the plan was with that Amalfitano lad.

Abeid is the one that sticks out. By all accounts, he's had a brilliant season at a top club. Surely worth a look, man.

Guest bimpy474

I do wonder what the hell Dummett has over the likes of Tavernier and especially Ferguson. The latter has shown absolutely fuckloads more in his fleeting first-team appearances. Sure his last appearance was home to Bordeaux, where had had a good game.

Would be disappointed to see Vuckic go but injuries have probably ruined him. Never seen Newton.

Don't know what the fuck the plan was with that Amalfitano lad.

Abeid is the one that sticks out. By all accounts, he's had a brilliant season at a top club. Surely worth a look, man.

All the money in the world that Pardew doesn't want Abeid because he doesn't work hard enough in Pardew's pathetic opinion, that's why he was on loan in the first place imo.

Don't know what the f*** the plan was with that Amalfitano lad.

Yup. I like Dummett and all, but what the hell has Ferguson done wrong? He's got a good cross on him, shown some skill, should be more than fine as a backup and getting cup appearances or slotting in when we have injury problems at LB or LM.  HV is just injury prone, sadly, I like him too.

But Abeid, not impressed by the fact he's won some silverware while on loan and scored more goal this season than any of our players under contract currently

:serious: