NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

People pitch a fit at Sissoko 'control'. They'd love Welbeck. Moussa and him can have a running competition to see who loses the ball under their own feet more often.

Tbh tho, we are welbecks level and he is ours. Its not the worst link I've heard.

He is avergage at Man utd, he will be utter dog dirt for us.

It would be a waste of 15 million quid.

Last three seasons (Premier League only):

2011-2012 - 30 Games - 9 Goals

2012-2013 - 27 Games - 1 Goal

2013-2014 - 25 Games - 9 Goals

Seems to have had a strange season in 2012-2013 but other than that a good return, also doesn't usually play as an out and out striker does he?

I think Fergie shunted him wide in 2012-13, the season they got RVP and pretty much walked the league. Prior to 2012-13, Man U had got goals and assists a plenty from Nani, Valencia and Young, but most of it seemed to dry up and lot of their width that season came Citeh style from Rafael and Evra. They also bought Kagawa before that season, so there was some kind of shift in philosophy toward more of a play-it-through-the-middle style.

Welbeck's a good player, and he needs a move. 12-15M doesn't seem that mad, but he doesn't seem to have enough of a spark about him to be successful under Pardew. We need someone more capable of doing it on his own.

Our ball retention in the final third would improve ten-fold with Welbeck in the side - we'd score a lot more goals as a team with him there. I think he's capable of getting 15 in a season himself, too. Plus we'd probably finally have someone less than useless when Pardew inevitably insists on someone being totally isolated up there.

Our ball retention in the final third would improve ten-fold with Welbeck in the side - we'd score a lot more goals as a team with him there. I think he's capable of getting 15 in a season himself, too. Plus we'd probably finally have someone less than useless when Pardew inevitably insists on someone being totally isolated up there.

At 23 years old having never reached double figures playing for the most successful team in the country what makes you think he'd almost double his best ever goal tally playing for a defensively minded mid table side?

At 23 years old having never reached double figures playing for the most successful team in the country what makes you think he'd almost double his best ever goal tally playing for a defensively minded mid table side?

I was also wondering this

To be fair last season he was only involved in 25 Premier League games, scoring 9 times (not sure how many where full 90 mins either).  If he played the full season up front he might get to 15 :dontknow:

He's got great footwork whilst also being a good finisher, save for the (very) occasional howler. Rarely the focal point of the attack either.

To me he's never looked like a goalscorer.  He's one of those not really striker, not really winger players who (to me) just aren't much use and flatter to deceive.  If he was playing for WBA or Stoke nobody would be taking a second look at him, certainly not for £15m.

Man Utd, Sunderland, every England level he's played he hasn't been prolific.  I don't see him suddenly turning it around now.

He works hard and is honest and has decent pace, but he's doesn't score or assist anywhere near enough to justify the hype that continues to surround him. He also strikes me as a confidence player and a player who folds under the slightest pressure.

Guest taps01

Id be happy with Welbeck.  I reckon he is capable of around 15 goals if given the opportunity of playing through the centre up top for the season.

I think Welbeck is a good player all round but wouldn't be particularly confident in him scoring 15-20 goals for us.

Thing is even if he only gets 10 to 15 goals, I'm certain he'd setup quite a few to make up for it. He's got good attacking passing and movement, someone who's pretty good at using the ball well in the final 3rd. We need as much of that as we can get in this squad.

I'd be happy if we got him, ideally for around £10m at the most.

I think Welbeck is a good player all round but wouldn't be particularly confident in him scoring 15-20 goals for us.

Thing is even if he only gets 10 to 15 goals, I'm certain he'd setup quite a few to make up for it. He's got good attacking passing and movement, someone who's pretty good at using the ball well in the final 3rd. We need as much of that as we can get in this squad.

I'd be happy if we got him, ideally for around £10m at the most.

I do agree with this, I think he would contribute a lot and would certainly take him. But I also think that if used right ( :yao: ) we have the talent to provide chances to an outright goalscorer so in an ideal world would look elsewhere right now.

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 3m

Le Dauphiné: Newcastle United are interested in Evian's versatile wide man Daniel Wass, they claim. #ETG #NUFC

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 4m

Evian President Joel Lopez confirms that he will not let Daniel Wass leave cheaply in the remaining days of the window. #ETG