NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hope Rob Elliott offs off. Odious man, and s**** keeper.

I can only presume he has the negatives of Woodman.

Would be surprised if any Championship sides wanted the salad dodger.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2yoer1x.png

Why does he call himself The Dilsh?

Think it derives from the fact he's a prize cunt.

I hope Rob Elliott offs off. Odious man, and s**** keeper.

I can only presume he has the negatives of Woodman.

Would be surprised if any Championship sides wanted the salad dodger.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2yoer1x.png

Why does he call himself The Dilsh?

Think it derives from the fact he's a prize c***.

"The blob" or "The slug" would be more apt.

:lol: Rob Elliot's a funny one, really. Not that offensive, just a reputation that is utterly irreparable. Shit player, should never have got a game for us, loves Pards, hates Keegan. Like I say - he'll be completely forgotten in the long run but there's literally not a redeeming feature. :lol:

Surprised people are so happy with her transfer work. Are we any closer top being the best of the rest? Nope.

Didnt we have the second highest net spend in the league?

Because nobody wants our players. And this is after 2/3 years of spending what we brought in.

Where would you rank our squad with the rest of the league?

Surprised people are so happy with her transfer work. Are we any closer top being the best of the rest? Nope.

Closer than when?, the end of last season?, yeah we are.

Last season the squad was relegation struggle material. If not for Cisse finding some form and the miraculous winning streak from Sept - Nov we would've gotten relegated.

I don't think we've returned to the squad depth of the last 6 months of the 16th season. Also neither have we regained that status with the rest of the league

Guest firetotheworks

If your man Pardew hadn't fucked up Mbiwa & Santon (before we even consider Ben Arfa), then the squad would be as strong as I've seen since 2004.

January 2013 - January 2014 was the best Newcastle side on paper I've seen for a very long time like. If only we'd had a good manager.

Solid 6 out 10 this transfer window for me. Some good additions, but we all said we needed 6 first team players before the window opened, and I still stand by that, so we got 66% of the needed amount. We also needed to ship some of the deadwood and replace them with better squad players, which we completely failed to do, which is why I'm rounding the 66% down to 6/10.

Solid 6 out 10 this transfer window for me. Some good additions, but we all said we needed 6 first team players before the window opened, and I still stand by that, so we got 66% of the needed amount. We also needed to ship some of the deadwood and replace them with better squad players, which we completely failed to do, which is why I'm rounding the 66% down to 6/10.

Think that says more about the quality of our deadwood! Not surprised they are still here TBH, especially as anyone mad enough to consider them will get them some fo them for nothing next summer.

Because nobody wants our players. And this is after 2/3 years of spending what we brought in.

People like Mbiwa, Santon, etc could have been hot property this summer as Newcastle players but for bad mismanagement the previous 12-18 months.

People like Mbiwa, Santon, etc could have been hot property this summer as Newcastle players but for bad mismanagement the previous 12-18 months.

We've basically spent this summer replacing the hot property we bought, that Pardew then ruined and drove out of the club, with more hot property [emoji38]

I fucking hate him beyond what is normal tbh. Might Hannibal the cunt.

Nice summary on TF Faceys, I know what he means as that line pissed me off when I read it as well:

I've found myself feeling pretty content being a NUFC fan so far this season, it's been very different to the last 8 years. I didn't want McClaren to be the head coach but I quite like him, he comes across well and seems to genuinely appreciate the fans which has been missing for a long time.

I got Charnleys email yesterday like many others did and there was one line that pissed me off to be honest, this one -

'The decisions we’ve made over the past few years have given us the financial strength to net spend significantly this summer'

That's bullshit and wound me up, it reminded me why I sat in SJP for 50 minutes after the final home game last season, why I joined marches, boycotted and held up red cards.

I looked at a few other clubs net transfer spend since 2007, when Ashley arrived, to the present day, compared to our own. Here's a few examples. (I stuck Steve's ex employers in)

Swansea £24m

Derby County £25m

Newcastle £27m

Crystal Palace £45m

Leicester £48m

Stoke £60m

Arsenal £100m

West ham £115m

We haven't spent this season because of our genius previous decisions, it's because we didn't spend at all.

This summer is a good start but it's just what we've been owed. The next 2 windows will show the real 'new ambition' the club has. We need to keep the core squad together and add to it, no more rebuilding jobs year after year.

It's been a good start NUFC but I personally need to see more positives to really help shake off the past mistakes that still linger in my mind.

I think if we made Perez, Janmaat and Sissoko available we'd get a few offers.