NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Funnily enough, considering last season I'm actually a bit more relaxed about the defence now that there seems to actually be some decent coaching going on and Coloccini has recently shown he's still got it.

It's up front that I'm unconvinced. Centre forward I mean, the bloke putting it in the net by being in the right place at the right time, not the countless number 10s we're collecting. Mitrovic might well start banging them in but at this point we're still relying on Cisse if we're to have a good season IMO.

Happy with the window, not extatic, we made some really good aquisitions but could have done with a couple more to make a promising first team. Hopefully we won't suffer with too many injuries this season with a better management team which in itself will be a massive improvement.

Intreaguing to see how we progress from here and if there will be any more strengthening in January. We really need to trim the fat with players like Williamson and Gouffran though, hopefully we can loan one or two out with an option to buy.

All in all a good starting point but as has been alluded to already, probably 2 years too late

We did better than expected, but still way too short.  In January we need at least 4 in, a CH, LB, ST and a quality holding Mid, but not pinning any hopes on it happening.

Now we're relying on proper coaching to help bridge the gap, hopefully it does. We need our first win and a dominate performance under our belts to boot.

I think it's been a really good window in terms of quality.  Outside of that, we didn't need squad fillers, because we have too much dross to get rid of.  I think that's been one of our big failings this window actually, us not clearing the decks to make room for more in January.  Yes we could do with another centre back, cover right back and perhaps an eventual replacement for Cisse, who seems destined to leave at some point.  The fact is though we have Five first team squad centre backs and even Dummet who can play there as a sixth option, so we were never going to get another centre back, not unless we shifted Williamson.  The same with Cisse and a replacement for him, but I'm not desperate for Cisse to go anyway.  I'm not delighted with the team, but like a lot of others I'm reasonably satisfied with the window and would call it a decent start and rate it about 7/10.

I think some people are right in saying it would be detrimental to us to try bedding in 10 players all at once.  We needed quality over quantity and to get our first choice players instead of being tight fisted and getting the fifth guy on the list.  It's important to remember that as well as our four big signings, we also have other players to bring into the team.  Aarons and De Jong have had a handful of games between them and also need to get into things this season.  That's six players already that we are basically swapping in to last years team.  That's enough for now I think.

moderately pleased, we really could have done with another full back at least to cover for Janmaat or improve on Haidara/Dummett at left back but still 4 first teamers in and the only major departure being Cabella is good enough.

Considering the squad stripping that had gone before it 4 players of decent quality was the bare minimum and doesn't really constitute a good window. Though I do like the look of all of the new players I have to say.

As someone else said if this is phase one and phases 2 and 3 are complete in January and summer 2016 then I'm satisfied.

Considering the squad stripping that had gone before it 4 players of decent quality was the bare minimum and doesn't really constitute a good window. Though I do like the look of all of the new players I have to say.

As someone else said if this is phase one and phases 2 and 3 are complete in January and summer 2016 then I'm satisfied.

Definitely, If the club think they've done enough then they're wrong.....but they've made a start.

Think we've done better than Stoke, WBA and Villa in the transfer market.

Look at our first 11 that we've picked so far and genral suqad. Think we migth be behind West Ham, Swansea... perhaps Everton and Soton too. CP too.

From the teams above us last year we are still behind the vast majority of the decent teams imo

If we actually spend the same in January and the Summer then we will be back on track next year. This year is very much a transition year in terms of psyche and set up of the team and many aspects of the club, the signings we have made and hopefully will again make in January will placate a lot of fans and give the new set up a good year and a half to prove themselves without huge criticism. Hopefully that is more than enough time to get things on the right track and get us where we all believe we should be.

Fairly pleased with the window.  It may be a bit premature, but I already feel that Mbemba and Wijnaldum will be quality players for us.  Thauvin looks useful too.  Still early days for all of them of course, but you have to have concerns about Mitrovic.  Although I think/hope he can be good for us and somehow lose his reputation and calm down a bit. 

All feels a lot more positive after getting a competent coaching set up in and finally getting rid of the remaining members of Pardew's reign of terror. 

Can all come crashing down in no time.  But it is nice to actually want to watch us again.  I just hope it continues and we also continue in the same way in the transfer market.

7 on 10.