NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Doumbia being mentioned "advanced negotiations" in a few low quality web sites (sky italia etc). Rather him than Gomis. Weren't we linked with him a couple of year back when he was at CSKA Moscow ?

Yeah, been linked with him a number of times in the past. His goal scoring record is top notch. Would be a really nice pickup. Didn't quite click in Italy with Roma, which is why he's available. Has been on loan back at CSKA though and been scoring again there, so surprised he's available now. Maybe the loan was just until January.

Would be a pretty exciting signing. Only just turned 28 in December so still a good age. Can play on either wing too. Lots of pace and athleticism.

:yao:

;)

He does look really old  :lol:

More to do with the absolute state of his hair though  :lol:

Hope we get him, and have a permanent option.

He's very inconsistent.

That's how i feel as well, mainly because he struggles in tight spaces and thrives in open space. Luckily he'll probably get lots of the latter if he signed for us.

More suited to the prem than Italy that's for sure. The pace and open game here would be better for him.

Doumbia, Sissoko, Townsend and Gini front four has some serious speed. Very useful with Shelvey able to play a ball in behind too.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder  2m2 minutes ago

Seydou Doumbia has been offered to #avfc #swans #safc and #lcfc already this window #nufc

f***ing LOVES putting a dampener on things.

Why? Is it because he hasn't broke the news?

Bloke I know who is a little more out of the loop now reckons Gomis is a goer - hope he's wrong but he did tell me about Townsend quite a while back. He's still waiting for the "shock" that was mentioned early on in the window.