NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we end up with Saivet, Shelvey, Townsend and this new LB and Doumbia on loan would people be happy?

Doumbia would be a bit of a punt especially if we're inexplicably not bothering with bargains like Remy and Austin, who would guarantee survival.

We were bothered by Remy but probably didn't want to buy him. We had no chance on Austin once he had chosen Southampton.

I've never seen Doumbia but there's not much around in the premiership unless we want to get fleeced for Berahino.

Doumbia's pace is frightening would be a great foil for Mitrovic. The "Bellamy" type that we've been crying out for.

Not a terrible comparison. He is super quick and runs at defenders with the ball really well. I think the fans woul really like him. Type of player that causes havoc.

A more current comparison is perhaps Saido Mane. Though Doumbia is more of a striker, and Mane a bit more of an attacking midfielder.

Douglas has had confirmation we have made a loan bid for Doumbia (on the Chronicle blog). WOAT?

Fantastic. Hope we can get him.

Remy is apparently injured and West Brom are not going to let us have Berahino.

Doumbia is really experienced and brings similar attributes to those two. His goal scoring record on the whole is really great too.

We're going to be that one sweety team on Fifa, Wijnaldum, Townsend, Sissoko and Doumbia all with pace, Townsend and Shelvey with the thunder bastards, and Shelvey and Wiji with the through balls :lol:

Getting grief on Twitter for not knowing who Doumbia is :lol:

Like many Newcastle fans knew his name at 9am this morning

Most FIFA fans will know him I imagine. He's a nightmare on there  :lol:

I tend to follow the top African players in general, being from Nigeria. Otherwise, yeah, it would be surprising that people know him that well.

Though they might do from Champions League games also, as he has featured there a lot with CSKA.

Getting grief on Twitter for not knowing who Doumbia is :lol:

Like many Newcastle fans knew his name at 9am this morning

I'm sure he's not if you watch a lot of European football. I'd never heard of Saivet either but of course he was a household name to 99% of fans before

He's not that obscure