NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we end up with Saivet, Shelvey, Townsend and this new LB and Doumbia on loan would people be happy?

Better than nowt but since I've never heard of Doumbia before today I wouldn't have thought he's necessarily going to be the answer to our goal scoring problems.

I'm more encouraged about the Siqueira signing on loan at left back than Doumbia tbh. That is at least a signing that will obviously strengthen the first team and plug an obvious gap in the squad.

£96m net spend in the last 5 seasons now.

That's exactly why I always thought that was a shit gauge when people were talking about our transfer activity because no way are we doing better in the market than 4-5 years ago when we were selling Carroll, Barton, Nolan etc and signing Ba, Cabaye, Cisse...

We needed a proven goalscorer, a proper CB and a physically decent CM with creative ability. We've got 1 out of 3.

And a winger and a left back.

Those are the 3 main on-field reasons we're 18th. The 3 most important positions on the field and we are/were lacking serious quality in all of them.

£96m net spend in the last 5 seasons now.

That's exactly why I always thought that was a shit gauge when people were talking about our transfer activity because no way are we doing better in the market than 4-5 years ago when we were selling Carroll, Barton, Nolan etc and signing Ba, Cabaye, Cisse...

Yep. Using the transfer fees as a yardstick - though relevant as a means of proving their lack of ambition - is kinda missing the bigger picture. The whole policy is wrong.

youtubed Doumbia......not impressed..

Well if he's not impressive on you tube highlights we're f***ed.

Just about to say this :lol: YouTube makes Obertan look good. Yet all Doumbias goals are terrible and the sort of chances we would never present him with. Wasn't a special goal in the whole video of highlights I watched :lol:

You must have watched one shit highlight reel.  Watch the CSKA4Ever video for him, some cracking goals in there.

Oh aye of course, just saying he does have a decent youtube video :)

Anyway all I can take from that is he's quite good in the air, very quick, likes to get in behind the defence and seems very cool when one on one with the keeper.  So he offers something we don't have.  The goals where he beats players in the box before scoring could be down just as much to shit defending as his quick feet so its hard to judge there.

Is it just me or is anyone else getting a strange long forgotten feeling of faint optimism?  It's been a while since I remember feeling it so it might just be a dodgy curry playing up but i'm pretty sure it's optimism verging on hope.

Is it just me or is anyone else getting a strange long forgotten feeling of faint optimism?  It's been a while since I remember feeling it so it might just be a dodgy curry playing up but i'm pretty sure it's optimism verging on hope.

Shame we don't address the glaring weaknesses in the Summer instead of panic buying in January, which which gives us players of dubious quality who are just about good enough to keep us up, and are then used to justify not buying anyone in the Summer. REPEAT.

see how you feel after everton, i have a feeling we're gonna get spanked about 3-0

see how you feel after everton, i have a feeling we're gonna get spanked about 3-0

We should be going to Everton for 3 points, they're not exactly flying atm, but, aye, not hopeful.

We should be going to Everton for 3 points, they're not exactly flying atm, but, aye, not hopeful.

should be simples really, sit deep so lukaku can't isolate colo or mbemba, win the ball and break at pace with towsend, sissoko, wijnaldum and shelvey pulling the strings

so aye 3-0 to them

I've heard Santon mentioned in some rags. Would anyone have Santon back?

Nope, for me he was too attacking minded and not defensive enough. A good wing-back I guess but we need a left back that defends.