NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've heard Santon mentioned in some rags. Would anyone have Santon back?

Nope, for me he was too attacking minded and not defensive enough. A good wing-back I guess but we need a left back that defends.

Santon was attack minded without ever really scoring or creating much. For comparison, Sunderland's left back Patrick van Aanholt has scored in each of his last four games. 

If the last time I played FIFA is anything to go by then he's exactly what we need, him and Vagner Love used to dick on everyone. He'll be wank.

I think this will be our lot personally, it's what we needed - a ST and a LB - but I think they'll leave it til the summer to make any permanent signing there now. After Pre-season and about 3 games into the league.

I must say i've never seen Doumbia play but i don't understand why people are so negative to sign him for the rest of the season. Ok, he's been awful in Italy but before that he's scored shitload of goals in Russia and Switzerland. Even though that's poorer leagues, he clearly knows where the goals are. And he's scored a lot in Europe as well.

From what i can read about him he will also give us another option from what we have today. Quick and run at defenders.

If the last time I played FIFA is anything to go by then he's exactly what we need, him and Vagner Love used to dick on everyone. He'll be wank.

I think this will be our lot personally, it's what we needed - a ST and a LB - but I think they'll leave it til the summer to make any permanent signing there now. After Pre-season and about 3 games into the league.

Hoping we get a proper manager in the meantime.

Our top targets will go right until deadline day, so makes sense to get somebody in right now (even if he's not of the highest quality he offers something we don't have) to insure we can't be left with nowt.

Doumbia I'm fine with, but I don't want Gomis (at least not instead of Doumbia).  One is quick and tricky and direct, which gives us something different.  The other offers us nowt we don't already have.