Aston Villa vs. Newcastle United - 14/09/13 @ 3pm (No TV)

Deuce
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking forward to this now! Its probably a bit much to expect everything to click straight away, so whatever happens, I hope this lineup is given more than a single chance. Assuming there is not some obvious inadequacy not present on paper.

Guest bimpy474

While i detest Pardew, there is now way we will hoof it with that team. If we do he wants sacking on the pitch at half time.

I think we will see some nice stuff today....i hope.

Its not just hoofing though is it? i don't think we will hoof either but there is a load of different things that have to be combined to get results.

I hope people realise that and if we don't win it doesn't mean the line up was wrong or the team is crap.

Aye it's about movement and creativity too and more tbh. If we play well and win, lose or draw i'll be ok (not happy with losing but you know what i mean), as long as we show some decent stuff and look like we are going to attack and not sit there waiting for a bit of magic. 

Guest bimpy474

Marveaux and Ameobi on the bench. I probably would have left marveaux in.

Tbf in a 4-3-3 this is our best set up (Marv on the bench), well imo it is.

Villa are going to be a very good team this season so we will have to be very very good to win there away. A defeat isn't the end.

Either a good result, draw or win , or a good performance, would be enough for me. Villa will do a lot of teams at home this season.

Villa are going to be a very good team this season so we will have to be very very good to win there away. A defeat isn't the end.

Villa finished last season on the same points as us and only took a single point off us, I think today will give us a good idea of how our season might go.

Guest bimpy474

Marveaux and Ameobi on the bench. I probably would have left marveaux in.

Tbf in a 4-3-3 this is our best set up (Marv on the bench), well imo it is.

With a well functioning Cabaye, yes. At the minute, I'd just leave Marveaux in for at least a game. Just has the better pass in the final third.

Fair point  O0

Villa finished last season on the same points as us and only took a single point off us, I think today will give us a good idea of how our season might go.

:thup:

Don't get the inferiority complex a few seem to have about these. Man for man I'd take our team over theirs. Down to the manager to get them performing. No excuses for Pardew.

aye

:thup:

Don't get the inferiority complex a few seem to have about these. Man for man I'd take our team over theirs. Down to the manager to get them performing. No excuses for Pardew.

I agree and I actually think we'll do OK today.

Anyone who's watched Villa play at the back end of last season and a couple of games this season will realise that they're a good side like. Nothing to do with an inferiority complex, they'll probably have a good season and unless we sort ourselves out will likely finish comfortably ahead of us.

Guest bimpy474

Anyone who's watched Villa play at the back end of last season and a couple of games this season will realise that they're a good side like. Nothing to do with an inferiority complex, they'll probably have a good season and unless we sort ourselves out will likely finish comfortably ahead of us.

One thing's for sure, if we want to play, Villa will let us, open a game as you could want.