The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

13 minutes ago, joeyt said:

It's amazing how much weight someone "knowing the club" still has on managerial appointments 

TBF if the Steward left my local working mens club I would want one of the regulars to take over and show consistency 

Doesn't really matter tbh; hilarious if he gets it permanently again though. 

Becoming more and more like Serie A manager culture every day. Two clubs reappointing recently departed mangers cos there's neeone else available.  

All depends if the Chelsea players actually fancy trying to perform for Lampard tbh. If they get their heads together and decide they want to give it a go then it might just work out for them

Feels like a clueless American decision made by someone who doesn't really know much about football and is taking a blind punt bringing a former fans favourite onboard to get them onside. Feels very Mike Ashley.

It's funny but I don't think it's that mad for the same reasons the Hodgson situation isn't mad. You'll have a serious job on prising a coveted manager away from a job at this stage of the season; meanwhile the pool of unattached and appropriate managers is basically empty. So it's one of those rare situations where 'knowing the club' probably does count for something. 

Be delicious if he turned them down but of course he won't; he's landed on his feet here. Another totally unjustified opportunity to get back on the shop window.