The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

28 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

This is Bruce-esque from De Zerbi 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/68917049

De Zerbi wants to bugger off. I remember seeing in an interview last year he was saying he didn't plan to stay for long. It's tough trying to build something at a club where you know you're going to lose your best players every year.

Still, his team's form's not putting him in the best position for a better job.

11 minutes ago, Checko said:

De Zerbi wants to bugger off. I remember seeing in an interview last year he was saying he didn't plan to stay for long. It's tough trying to build something at a club where you know you're going to lose your best players every year.

Still, his team's form's not putting him in the best position for a better job.

As long as he doesn’t leave before we play them.

1 minute ago, dcmk said:

Still want Howe out?

Yeah I do. I don't think he's a bad manager he's just not my cup of tea. I'm pro De Zerbi as its all or nothing. De Zerbi could win us a league title but is more likely to blow the entire thing up than Howe. I think Howe was a great transitional coach but I think we need something more to go up to the next level and win something.

If people disagree fair enough, just my opinion.

2 minutes ago, TRC said:

Yeah I do. I don't think he's a bad manager he's just not my cup of tea. I'm pro De Zerbi as its all or nothing. De Zerbi could win us a league title but is more likely to blow the entire thing up than Howe. I think Howe was a great transitional coach but I think we need something more to go up to the next level and win something.

:kinnear:

2 minutes ago, TRC said:

No he couldn’t. 

9 minutes ago, TRC said:

image.gif.a286f3e853a0962ff75f129e37ef0d85.gif

13 minutes ago, TRC said:

image.thumb.jpeg.66df01812265a25ff5d88a94a674a400.jpeg.6712c90971410f0a2b8db4b1cc8d922d.jpeg.83bd1e9fd69b60dcd54b8b7f143eb350.jpeg

Disagree on fairness. I think he’s extremely good but their season has completely fallen apart and he hasn’t been able to come up with a solution 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Slot bigger up Minteh a lot. Seems to believe in youth. 

He’s not a brand name but seems a good coach. Not sure what to expect. 

Slot is a good coach but he's been completely schooled by Peter Bosz at PSV this season. He's a bit of a hidden gem and from a PSV point of view I'm delighted he's flying below the radar but this season they've obliterated everyone and are on course to become the best Dutch team of all time (points wise).

Not convinced Slot will have Liverpool challenging at the very top. More like a steady, more or less guaranteed top 4 club.

De Zerbi has taken Brighton from 6th to 12th all because they played 8 European matches and went out in the first knockout round. His style of play can be fantastic to watch but his CV makes interesting reading.

Sacked after 3 months

Relegated from Serie A

8th twice

Admittedly, a promising start at Shakhtar curtailed by the war.

Brighton 6th then down to 12th.

There is no way one of the elite European clubs were going to take a punt on him just because he plays nice football.

4 hours ago, Ashley17 said:

De Zerbi has taken Brighton from 6th to 12th all because they played 8 European matches and went out in the first knockout round. His style of play can be fantastic to watch but his CV makes interesting reading.

Sacked after 3 months

Relegated from Serie A

8th twice

Admittedly, a promising start at Shakhtar curtailed by the war.

Brighton 6th then down to 12th.

There is no way one of the elite European clubs were going to take a punt on him just because he plays nice football.

I don't think this is fair at all, 3 months with Palermo was the only bad one. Benevento who he relegated were in Serie A for the first time in their history. Getting 8th twice with Sassuolo was great and they played really good football. Massive injury problems with a European campaign and selling key players this season but everyone was scared of Brighton last season.

I would never swap Howe for De Zerbi but he will have a really good career as a manager and his next job will be a big club.

4 hours ago, Pata said:

I don't think this is fair at all, 3 months with Palermo was the only bad one. Benevento who he relegated were in Serie A for the first time in their history. Getting 8th twice with Sassuolo was great and they played really good football. Massive injury problems with a European campaign and selling key players this season but everyone was scared of Brighton last season.

I would never swap Howe for De Zerbi but he will have a really good career as a manager and his next job will be a big club.

Sassuolo have slipped away since he left as well. 11th > 13th > 19th and almost certain relegation.

9 hours ago, toon25 said:

Areola surely can't be stopping long at Bournemouth like. 

It’s who West Ham should be going after.

1 hour ago, Sima said:

It’s who West Ham should be going after.

If I was him, I would hold out. West Ham is a better job than Bournemouth but not much better.

It will be difficult to do much better league position wise although the football could easily be improved.

The top 8 teams, you can see 4-5 changing managers in the next 18 months. Barca, Bayern and RM too. How the chips fall will create opportunities.