Spurs - Poch

Liverpool - Klopp

Chelsea - Luis Enrique

Arsenal - Emery

Newcastle - Rafa

Everton - Marco Silva

West Ham - Fonseca

Sunderland - Mick McCarthy

Independent saying that Arteta is "very close" to becoming the next Arsenal manager, with Cazorla joining the backroom team.

Whew.

Always liked him as a player though.

Oh man ... one of my friends who is an Arsenal fan was raging at the idea of Arteta when the initial rumour surfaced a few weeks back.

He is going to be going mad  :lol:

He was rattling off names like Ancelotti, Allegri and Simeone as the type of managers they absolutely had to go for. Oh dear  :lol:

Not aimed at anyone in particular but what is interesting about the appointment if

It happens? If I was an arsenal fan I think I’d be pretty fucking gutted.

My Arsenal following mate seems confident he'll be a success. :dontknow: Surprised at how comfortable so many of them seem to be with it.

https://le-grove.co.uk/2018/05/15/fans-rally-behind-arteta-hype-as-evidence-mounts-hes-quite-good-long-read/

Not aimed at anyone in particular but what is interesting about the appointment if

Man ... if I were an Arsenal fan I'd be incredibly stressed out by the appointment to be fair :lol:

I just think it's interesting to see a young assistant being given a chance, and I just like the guy as a neutral so it would be interesting to observe it all play out.

you'd think he'd have learned a fair bit off Pep like. I think he'll do alright

Yeah, there's that as well. The fact pep was so eager to get him in as part of his staff was always interesting to me. So he must have something about him, and yes, you would imagine he has picked up a lot form both Pep and Arsene.

Guest Howaythetoon

Independent saying that Arteta is "very close" to becoming the next Arsenal manager, with Cazorla joining the backroom team.

May as well keep Wenger. They need someone proven who can come in and close that widening gap quicker. Having said that, it may prove a master stroke like Wenger’s appointment proved. Interesting times at Arsenal.

Thinking about it Rafa would actually be a good fit for Spurs, maybe a continuation of what Poch has done? He ticks the boxes and I don’t think he would need mega money either as they already have a very good squad andId fancy a Rafa led Spurs to win a trophy or two. They certainly wouldn’t choke in a semi as they always do...

So would I, but I'm a neutral so it's interesting because he's a completely unknown quantity. However he was a stylish player and he's cut his coaching teeth under Guardiola who has unquestionably been a good addition to the league. And it'll be interesting to see if the whole head coach thing can work there. If he does well, he's fairly likeable so that'll be cool. If he fails, the Arsenal fans will fume and that'll be lolz.

Guest Howaythetoon

May as well keep Wenger?! :lol:

I 'm around a lot of Arsenal fans all the time, and I would go as far as to say that Wenger's position had become untenable :lol:

I meant in terms of kicking on. I’d be kind of disappointed if I was an Arsenal fan with Arteta and don’t believe everything you here or read about Arsenal fans with Wenger. The majority become disillusioned, but most would have still supported him had he remained if not exactly overjoyed. It wasn’t like us with Pardew...

If they wanted to go the former player route, Vieira’s done well in New York. Seems like they haven’t given him more than a courtesy call though.