The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

But seriously, are we, as Newcastle fans, just unnecessarily harsh to previous managers? Do the pundits and media see something we don't?

With Pardew I think it's just a case of him being an above-average English manager and the media's obsessed with jobs for the local boys.

Of course England's coaching development is so shit "above average" just means the guy's actually bad.

SSN - Pardew wants it

Peter Taylor on the phone - “Alan has shown he can do a job with any Premier League club and he did an outstanding job at Newcastle”

Ha ha ha fuck off man!

I already had an extremely unhealthy hatred towards Taylor, pleased I was right all along.

It would be typical Leicester to hire him. He'd keep them up this season and bomb next year as usual.

Nah, he’d not bomb next season. It would be the season after that if I got my Pardew boom-bust cycle correct.

Take over mid season, guide to safety: «Thank fuck!»

One full okay plus season: «We don’t play well, but maybe everyone is wrong about him?»

Third season: «Oh dear god why»

This is just a rank bad decision, isn't it? Leicester have had a difficult run of fixtures and the owner is making no allowances for that.

They sacked the dude that won them the title, where else could they go?

Who the fuck would touch Liecester, they sacked the man who won them the title, I say that again, they sacked the man who won Leicester City the title, Leicester, not Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, or even Liverpool. They then sack the man who replaced him as soon as they go through a rough patch with difficult fixtures.

No manager is going to want to go near them............................... oh right, Pardew claims he wants the job.

Guest Howaythetoon

Most managers are like players, they will go where the money or opportunity is. I mean fucking hell, look at who our manager is...

Guest neesy111

It's a load of shite that managers won't touch a club.  If a club shows them money and a contract they'll go, if they fail they get a big pay off.  Who isn't going to turn that down ffs.

The reason we got a load of shite constantly under Ashley till Rafa was because we criminally underpaid managers to what the market was.

Guest milburn990

Who the f*** would touch Liecester, they sacked the man who won them the title, I say that again, they sacked the man who won Leicester City the title, Leicester, not Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, or even Liverpool. They then sack the man who replaced him as soon as they go through a rough patch with difficult fixtures.

No manager is going to want to go near them............................... oh right, Pardew claims he wants the job.

They've been following the same pattern for years after sacking the man who got them promoted to the Premier League as champions of the championship. He was also the man who started the good form ball rolling by saving them from relegation in what was described as one of the Premier League's greatest ever escapes with seven wins from their final nine league matches. They must still rate him as a manager as he is manager of their sister club in Belgium, OH Leuven. Incidentally also a two time Toon caretaker manager.

Seems a difficult decision, Burnley have peaked and it could be a good time to move, but on the other hand I don't know what would count as success to Leicester. If they expect to be back in the top 8 next season then fuck that, he'll fail and get sacked.