The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest firetotheworks

They are not going to challenge for the title any time soon which is why he was appointed, he's under massive pressure IMO!

I think this is more something that you want to peddle tbh. :lol: I can't see him under any real pressure if/until he gets the defence that he's after and they still don't challenge.

I like Klopp but surely they could have got a defender who wasn't van Dijk but still better than Lovren/Klavan

I think everyone agrees with that, but i don't think it particularly changes a great deal for them. Spurs, Chelsea and the two Manchester teams are just better, no manager is changing that.

This Liverpool side will always be prone to a silly draw or defeat and they've already had a few this season. Doubt they'll finish in the top 4 so, in that respect, Klopp is doing an average job.

They are vying with Arsenal for the title of the worst team of the top 6, Arsenal though tend to get more points from the lesser teams.

I like Klopp but surely they could have got a defender who wasn't van Dijk but still better than Lovren/Klavan

I think everyone agrees with that, but i don't think it particularly changes a great deal for them. Spurs, Chelsea and the two Manchester teams are just better, no manager is changing that.

A better defender can help them pick up more points against us, Burnley, Watford etc though.

Liverpool under Klopp have been really good against the big teams (except Man City last month), it's the games against the 'smaller' teams when they give away silly goals that don't really help

Oxlaide Chamberlain was such an odd signing. He's really not that good, never was and hardly difficult to suss that out either. Not even in a position they are struggling in. I like Klopp but not signing a defence is baffling. I also think perhaps finding the kind of team spirit he got going at Dortmund will be hard to replicate.

Why would Ancelotti go to Everton though? His stock may be down but it looks like the AC job will be available soon, or he could hang on for the Italy job.

Money.

We've got Rafa Benitez, to say Everton couldn't attract Ancelotti is ridiculous IMO.

Why would Ancelotti go to Everton though? His stock may be down but it looks like the AC job will be available soon, or he could hang on for the Italy job.

Money.

We've got Rafa Benitez, to say Everton couldn't attract Ancelotti is ridiculous IMO.

We have because he's a one of a kind and has always seemed to understand what we're about, so a completely different situation, us and Benitez are a perfect fit, which is what he saw and why he approached us.

not that big a fan of Klopp personally but obviously shouldn't be anywhere near the sack yet. It does baffle how a coach with a reputation as him can do nothing to improve the defense even just through some coaching, defenders seem to get worse when they sign for them not better.

not that big a fan of Klopp personally but obviously shouldn't be anywhere near the sack yet. It does baffle how a coach with a reputation as him can do nothing to improve the defense even just through some coaching, defenders seem to get worse when they sign for them not better.

Actually think they should score more. Klopp requires such a specific skillset from forwards it's hard to find prolific players.

Lovren's looked much better under Klopp than he did under Rodgers IMO.

They needed a LB, CB, GK, a finisher, and a possible replacement for Coutinho. They f***ed up their transfer window in that regard. Salah was a great signing but that's about it.

They still do things based on emotions (including Klopp) which is to their detriment IMO. They should have got rid of Sturridge when his stock was still high. Moreno was dropped by Klopp for being their weakest link, played Milner in his place for an entire year. 2017 and Moreno is still starting for them. He's improved ever so slightly but he's still a liability defensively. Mignolet is clearly not top 4 standard yet he's still playing and making howlers every couple of games. And then they wonder why they're not getting the results they need.

The football they play is scintillating at times, and it;s how I would love my team to play for sure. But questions are starting to be asked of the direction Klopp is going in, and rightly so, because it seems he doesn't even know.

Bayern appoint Heynckes. Bet they wish he'd never gone in the first place.

They loved Pep by all regards.  The football improved.

Germans seemingly really like to be coached. Carlo is much more laissez-faire in that regard.

Imo Carlo would've won the CL last season if not for some dodgy refereeing and Ronaldo.