The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

At their position "investing" meant loans where there's better options elsewhere. For the players.

Are you trying to say they couldn't have invested money in strengthening their squad?

As in spending 15-20m in an attempt to stay up? Nah don't think it's worth it.  Think a couple new defensive players on loan would've been ideal. Maybe another striker too. But signing players on big contracts to long term deals. Nah.

They could've invested in a few players to prepare for the Championship or long term. 

He was an idiot for going there anyway, there was f*** all he could have done to fix that sorry mess. He will go back to France and pick up a cushy number and have to rebuild his reputation once more before he gets another crack at the PL. Too dour for my liking anyway.

It's a crap team but Villa should've went the Big Sam /Pearson route. They've a new team which si pretty crap.. then they got a new manager from France who needed to adapt to the league. Before they knew it - it's Jan and they're pretty much gone.

I think they'll pick up in this second half of the season as Garde / the team understand things better. Reckon at a point they'll look like they'll have half a chance of staying up. I can see them getting close to 18th / 19th but can't see them surpassing either.

I think Villa missed a trick not going down last season or the season before that. It's a club that needs a massive overhaul from top to bottom, and going down may have got Lerner to sell up and fuck off. They could have been on their way back now and into the new PL money next season.

At their position "investing" meant loans where there's better options elsewhere. For the players.

Are you trying to say they couldn't have invested money in strengthening their squad?

As in spending 15-20m in an attempt to stay up? Nah don't think it's worth it.  Think a couple new defensive players on loan would've been ideal. Maybe another striker too. But signing players on big contracts to long term deals. Nah.

They could've invested in a few players to prepare for the Championship or long term. 

You should apply for a job on the Villa board, they'd love you down there.

Why is it not worth investing 15m to stay up? I don't understand this in the slightest.

Why is it not worth investing 15m to stay up? I don't understand this in the slightest.

Then how much in wages?

They are 90% getting relegated.  With it or without 15m investment. 10 points from safety, multiple issues in the squad.  A team on PL wages already. 

Everyone else is close enough to safety to roll the dice.  Norwich and Bournemouth still have a squad on Championship wages and could eat the 15m if they go down.  Villa are far more likely to go down and are a bigger ship. 

It's spend 15m and 90% relegation.  Or don't spend and 99% relegation.  Regardless they'll need to do a Pardew 4-5 game winning streak to have any chance of staying up and they've not looked like doing that all season.  They need to win pretty much half their remaining games to stay up. 

Because they've got absolutely no chance of it happening?

I think the writing has been on the wall for them, for a long while.  So they would have been mad to spend a lot of money, or try to get in 3-4 new players, on permanent deals.  But I'm surprised they didn't even take a punt on a loan or two, or taking a risk on a player and putting in a favourable relegation release clause for the player.  I know they were in for Debuchy and Doumbia.  But were there no backup plans?  You would have thought any mediocre player, would improve them and give them some kind of a boost.

Doing absolutely sod all, apart from releasing a few players.  Is shit for the club and the fans.  They may as well release a statement where they inform everyone that they have given up hope and they have accepted relegation.

Can't say I care, mind.  If Sunderland and Villa go down, it will be entertaining.  Just a shame we're so shit and we might go with them.

You would think they could have signed a number of players with relegation clauses. Fifteen games for anyone to show a bit of promise in the Premier League. No will blame any individual new signing for them getting relegated from their current position.

Leicester won seven of their last nine games last year, so it can be done. I haven't seen their fixtures, but some of Villa's remaining games will be largely meaningless for the other team.

You would think they could have signed a number of players with relegation clauses. Fifteen games for anyone to show a bit of promise in the Premier League. No will blame any individual new signing for them getting relegated from their current position.

Leicester won seven of their last nine games last year, so it can be done. I haven't seen their fixtures, but some of Villa's remaining games will be largely meaningless for the other team.

Agreed, there's no excuse for not trying. Now the manager is pissed off and obviously there's an extremely bad taste around the whole club that they will somehow need to get past. He should walk.

He's a nice guy, but he won't succeed. This would have been a good appointment 10 years ago, but his performance in his recent jobs has been very underwhelming (although he did well at rich Monaco). The mess he made of the Greece job was pretty extraordinary.

Poor appointment that.

Totally smacks of owners who have the best intentions for the club by trying to emulate the likes of Southampton but this will fail miserably.

Claudio Ranieri appointed Leicester Boss, interesting to see how he does there, Certainly an improvement on Pearson

We both know he'll finish lower in the table than Pearson, though.

One of the most negative, overrated, dull, managers out there. How he keeps getting fairly decent jobs is beyond me.

Totally smacks of owners who have the best intentions for the club by trying to emulate the likes of Southampton but this will fail miserably.

This is the opposite tbf, they hired young, progressive managers. Leicester have hired a past it old man who has let the game pass him by.

http://i.imgur.com/DcpP1zA.gif

This is the opposite tbf, they hired young, progressive managers. Leicester have hired a past it old man who has let the game pass him by.

http://i.imgur.com/ExlqxZY.gif