The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Tbf to Edwards, it did absolutely smack of the obvious corporate woke-ism (with want for a better term) that far too many people take at face value as sincere rather than the callous PR that it really is.

Virtue signalling.

2 hours ago, nufc123 said:

And making all the CL clubs stronger. 

This is what I was banging on about last night and being shot down all over the place. 

Either they really haven't got a clue what they're doing, or there's some master plan that isn't obvious yet....I think the latter and it is to make KSA the football overlords above FiFA, the various continental associations, and ultimately everyone including me, you, the CEO invited on hospitality, and the fan that scapes all year for a ticket to a single match.

It is starting to look like we were just the 'in' to get access to better players that would never have even considered their league even with the vast sums being offered as salaries. 

Either way, we are still being ran infinitely better than we have been since about 2004, so might as well just enjoy the journey and hope we can continue to compete and be the best we can

13 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

It is starting to look like we were just the 'in' to get access to better players that would never have even considered their league even with the vast sums being offered as salaries. 

Are you saying that Ronaldo signed for Al-Nassr because PIF bought NUFC?

10 minutes ago, Pata said:

Are you saying that Ronaldo signed for Al-Nassr because PIF bought NUFC?

Not even remotely, but I do doubt he'd have even heard of Al-Nassr without the attention our takeover brought to PIF and KSA.

I couldn't have even named a single Saudi team without the media s*** storm that went with our takeover 

Respect, he obviously cares more about achievements in the game over monetary concerns. He’s unlikely to win anything with Fulham but he’s more likely to jump from a Fulham to an Aston Villa, Spurs or better if he’s in a top European league compared with the Saudi league

• 2 weeks later...