The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Richard Keys weighing in - no surprise to see which side he's on:

Richard Keys @richardajkeys  ·  Nov 19

Brave Dave Whelan. I hope it works out for everybody. Malky is a good football man. There's always 2 sides to every story.

"Brave Dave"???

Brave Dave Whelan. I hope it works out for everybody. Malky is a good football man. There's always 2 sides to every story.

Fucks sake man :anguish:

Football in England needs to ban any non-playing Brits for ten years, from top to bottom. So sick of these dinosaurs with their jobs for the boys attitudes.

f***s sake man :anguish:

Football in England needs to ban any non-playing Brits for ten years, from top to bottom. So sick of these dinosaurs with their jobs for the boys attitudes.

It's just so clear too. A lot of it is under the banner of protecting the NT or to help it build better in the future. More coaches, players, managers in the top level etc. but at he moment most of them are stuck in the 70's.

W...wait.. those Whelan quotes are real? Don't believe it.

Yup, and everyone is patting him on the back for hiring Mackay! Like it's some grand ballsy move that should be applauded. All of a sudden it's poor Malky the victim.

It's not like the guy has been out for a year or anything. It's only been 3 months  :lol:

It's reality though. Can't help but feel the majority of people have these kinds of views really.

The texts sent by Mackay included references to a 'chink'. 'Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers,' read another. Whelan said he saw neither as offensive.

"The Jews don’t like losing money. Nobody likes losing money,” Whelan told the Guardian. “Do you think Jewish people chase money a little bit more than we do? I think they are very shrewd people. I think Jewish people do chase money more than everybody else. I don’t think that’s offensive at all.”

"We’re all against racism in football," Whelan continued. "If any Englishman said he has never called a Chinaman a chink he is lying. There is nothing bad about doing that. It is like calling the British Brits."

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/9571671/Wignorance-Whelan-In-Anti-Semitic-Slur

ffs

You actually having a fucking laugh? I can't believe how fucked up everything is. Everyone is racist, everyone is corrupt, welcome to football.

W...wait.. those Whelan quotes are real? Don't believe it.

Yup, and everyone is patting him on the back for hiring Mackay! Like it's some grand ballsy move that should be applauded. All of a sudden it's poor Malky the victim.

It's not like the guy has been out for a year or anything. It's only been 3 months  :lol:

It's reality though. Can't help but feel the majority of people have these kinds of views really.

Nail on the head mate.

I think many on here need to realise that the opinions and views expressed on here, the language the majority on here use and the general 'liberal' views espoused on here are probably at odds with the real world/

I remember when i first moved up here to Scotland and my ex wife's family always, always referred to a Chinese or Cantonese takeaway with that term.

Spent years arguing the toss and as my kids have grown up have battled with them and their friends over the same issues.

Corner shop = the P word for instance.

I think we actually kid ourselves that we have moved on a lot form the 60s and 70s but in reality I'm not so sure it's just that the minority view has actually won over and has suppressed to some extent what the majority still think or express.

It's hard for me to judge as I'm not ethnically from a Chinese or Asian background. I have personally never taken offence at being called a Brit or called a 'daft Geordie'. Maybe some people wouldn't find that term offensive?

I think what never helps is the often patronising way that many, and I include myself here, have come across in trying to explain why such terms and behaviours are and should be unacceptable.

I watched the first episode of 'It was alright in the 1970s' the other night on Ch 4 and found myself more angry at the middle class condescension and patronising attitudes of the presenters and commentators than most of the clips shown to be honest.