The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Just goes to show how hard it is to.shake off a culture and style of play. No defence of McClaren but when he came in you could see he tried to play a possession based game and the players looked lost. It took an exceptional manager to come in and change things. De Boer will get it right in time bit wouldn't surprise me if they bottled it and went back to what they know.

Big Sam's record at Palace for the first 6-8 games was awful iirc. Wasn't until he got Sakho and that midfielder that results drastically improved. Sakho got injured and they returned to pish for the last 2 games. Sam was brought in around October and only picked up results in Feb.

De Boer is looking funny in the light. Dutch football looks funny in the light but give him until December or if they get cut adrift by 8+ points.

Can we take a minute to laugh at Frank de Boer? Too good to join us a few seasons ago. Suck it :lol:

But, for the time being, De Boer has decided that he will not be leaving Ajax and has turned down a move to Newcastle.

De Boer told Voetbal International: "I will stay at Ajax for the second half of the season, at least. If a good club comes in the summer, I will think about it."

Can we take a minute to laugh at Frank de Boer? Too good to join us a few seasons ago. Suck it :lol:

But, for the time being, De Boer has decided that he will not be leaving Ajax and has turned down a move to Newcastle.

De Boer told Voetbal International: "I will stay at Ajax for the second half of the season, at least. If a good club comes in the summer, I will think about it."

And why the fuck would I blame him for not wanting to join us?