The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Would people sooner have....

6 more bastard years of Pardew.

Or...

18 months of Laudrup, his style of football, finishing a similar position (7th/9th) and taking a chance on next manager in 2016 ish.

The latter every day of the weekend given that he isn't a slimy, smarmy cunt

Would love to see Bielsa get the Swansea job! Preferably after we play them in the cup.

Nah, Bielsa's teams have always a quite steep learning curve (he's very demanding tactically-wise), so in the short term Swansea would be more vulnerable.

I really want him managing an European team again. He's just immense both on and off the pitch.

Would love to see Bielsa get the Swansea job! Preferably after we play them in the cup.

Nah, Bielsa's teams have always a quite steep learning curve (he's very demanding tactically-wise), so in the short term Swansea would be more vulnerable.

I really want him managing an European team again. He's just immense both on and off the pitch.

Press would be straight after him, mental foreigner that can't speak English and is at best obsessive and at work has serious mental problems.

Press would be straight after him, mental foreigner that can't speak English and is at best obsessive and at work has serious mental problems.

That's what I love about him though, he's a proper football savant, listening to him in pressers I was always fascinated with his obsessiveness about football. He's obviously a very difficult man to work with, but if you're in tune with what he wants to achieve, it's the kind of man you'd follow to the death.

That's what I love about him though, he's a proper football savant, listening to him in pressers I was always fascinated with his obsessiveness about football. He's obviously a very difficult man to work with, but if you're in tune with what he wants to achieve, it's the kind of man you'd follow to the death.

:thup: as shown by the number of current coaches that credit him.

Top guy is our Huw.  O0

Swansea City Chairman Huw Jenkins believes it’s vital everyone gets behind new Head Coach Garry Monk and moves on quickly from Michael Laudrup’s departure.

“Everyone needs to move on; get behind us and focus on Saturday’s game,’’ declared Jenkins.

“The fact is, Michael’s time with us has come to an end. But I have found some of the things being said about him today hard to stomach. Much of it has been extremely unsavoury and unnecessary.

“Too many people have been trying to play the blame game and unearth disrespectful reasons behind his departure.

“We were quite open and honest in our official statement, because that’s the way we are as a club. Since then we have tried to keep our own counsel on the matter because we have nothing bad to say about Michael.

“He deserves respect for what he has done in the game and you couldn’t meet a more genuine and honest person.

“It’s time to move on.’’

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/huw-laudrup-statement-1342386.aspx?#C2oATgMjpv8K7CQc.99

:thup: as shown by the number of current coaches that credit him.

It's outrageous how many he's deemed an idol to isn't it?

Who do you want to see get the job ?

and who is most likely ?

I have no idea, every appointment since Flynn 10 years ago has come out of the blue with someone totally unexpected.

Flynn was the last one sacked too. The others have been nicked by bigger clubs, like Leicester :)

Guest zicomartin

y

Williamson Colo MYM

Debuchy Anita Santon

Sissoko

HBA  LDJ    Remy

Hard on Gouff, don't rate Tiote

From the bleacher report...

"3-3-1-3

When manager of Chile, he usually utilised an incredibly demanding, physically draining 3-3-1-3 that requires the most immense sense of versatility.

To think he used it with a national team who barely get the chance to play together on a regular basis is astounding, and the player roles delegated are tough to carry out.

His philosophy of using attack-minded defenders shone through here, as he deployed defensive midfielders on the outside of one true central player to shuttle up and down the pitch. Later on, we'd see Martinez deployed in the same fashion for Bilbao.

The second line of three contained something almost akin to a narrow full-back on either side, and even then he still employed two wingers higher up the pitch."

Not sure I get this... Which is kinda why I asked

Guest zicomartin

I'm thinking it works more like this, but it looks weird when you don't try to shoehorn the wrong players in...

MYM      Colo  Haidara

Debuchy    Tiote    Santon

Marveaux

HBA.                    Gouffran

Remy

Christ, if Swansea can get Bielsa it will just kill me.

I would love it, Bielsa would never join us when we have Ashley and Swansea are a small neutral club. Bielsa would make the league much more interesting and entertaining.

Who do you want to see get the job ?

and who is most likely ?

I have no idea, every appointment since Flynn 10 years ago has come out of the blue with someone totally unexpected.

Flynn was the last one sacked too. The others have been nicked by bigger clubs, like Leicester :)

Leicester are indeed bigger than Swansea.

I'm thinking it works more like this, but it looks weird when you don't try to shoehorn the wrong players in...

MYM      Colo  Haidara

Debuchy    Tiote    Santon

Marveaux

HBA.                    Gouffran

Remy

Like you've just done, you mean?

Marveaux isn't bang average on the ball at all.

He's pretty poor at most other aspects of football, but his ability on the ball is something we're lacking. Ideally we'd have bought a better AM, but as it is there's no real competition for the role so we'll end up playing Sissoko in there, or Shola Ameobi in a 4-4-2.