The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

6 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

Wouldn't really be interested in any of their players tbh, although Andersen or Guehi would be decent options at CB. 

That pair was superb at our place earlier this season. I'd love Guehi at NUFC.

I'd also take Eze and Olise too.

21 minutes ago, STM said:

Why not just hire Rafa? [emoji38]

Why would they do that when Palace legend Pards is available?

In all seriousness they're bound to go for a PFM this time round, as their last few attempts at getting highly rated upcomers (De Boer/Vieria) haven't exactly worked for them.  Can't see them being daft enough to go for Gerrard/Lampard. 

Can't think of a singular player they would class as 'legendary' who 'knows the club' though that would be appointed though. 

1 hour ago, Minhosa said:

That pair was superb at our place earlier this season. I'd love Guehi at NUFC.

I'd also take Eze and Olise too.

Yeah Guehi is quality and still really young.  Andersen may have dropped off a bit of late?  Not seen as many rave reviews or noticed him as much when I've seen them.  But I think he may have missed a few games through injury.  

Eze and Olise are strange ones.  As it feels like they flatter to deceive.  Top quality on the ball, skillful, direct, can spot a pass.  Yet I always think they should be offering more.  Might be the ultra-negative system they have been playing in, mind. 

There seems to be a lack of good leadership on the pitch, and I do wonder about Zaha's role in that. He seems to be bigger than the club. He has his moments, but generally he's proved to be not quite good enough.

He often seems to walk around with this indignant expression on his face, as though in exasperation at the mere mortals that he's forced to play with.

4 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

Think Bonky is making the point his stock is a lot lower after his Brugge stint.

Well that's true but Crystal Palace aren't exactly a great pull for great managers.

Any manager they take on will likely be one that has to try to redeem himself....or a bigger past their sell by date manager that's looking to have a final big pay day and not care what happens.

5 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Yeah sorry, he’s (Parker) had his stock drop with that debacle. That being said, I could still see him going there and doing enough to keep them up. 

It's possible many managers could keep Palace up because it's the coin toss with what's around them.

Edited by magvicar

6 minutes ago, magvicar said:

It's possible many managers could keep Palace up because it's the coin toss with what's around them.

The players look lethargic when I've watched them. Palace are usually good for an upset or two a season against tougher opposition. They've had a single shot on goal in the last 5 matches or something like that. Parker would instil a bit of fight in them that's been missing and has a track record of promotion if Palace do go down. Could be a good fit for both of them. 

38 minutes ago, Nine said:

They really struggle to create without Gallagher in that midfield imo, shows how good he is 

He was very good for Palace, instrumental in their attack and getting the ball up the pitch. 

11 minutes ago, 54 said:

Someone like Hasenhüttl could actually be a decent shout with Palaces attacking talent.

He’d be a risky option I think, although who isn’t when you’ve only got 11 games left. Palace are known for being defensively solid, not remotely expansive and not scoring many goals. If they change their style it would take a bit of time and they’d no doubt start shipping lots of goals in the meantime. Think he’d take them down