The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Just seems sensible to me. They've far more chance of securing their next long-term appointment in the summer because I don't think they've got the muscle to prize someone away from their club at this stage of the season. Of the unattached managers, Hodgson has brilliant credentials given he consistently kept the relegation battle at arms length over four years there. 

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Just seems sensible to me. They've far more chance of securing their next long-term appointment in the summer because I don't think they've got the muscle to prize someone away from their club at this stage of the season. Of the unattached managers, Hodgson has brilliant credentials given he consistently kept the relegation battle at arms length over four years there. 

See your point like; however, can also see him getting them to the dizzy heights of 11th and them giving him a 2 year contract in the Summer. :lol: 

54 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

I hope we never go down the route of appointing him mind. 

And we were ridiculed for turning him down. He's a disaster waiting to happen. If it doesn't work, it's absolute carnage.

re Conte, I read a tweet by Matt Law of the Torygraph yesterday about that situation, and he referred to a telling snippet of the Spurs All or Nothing documentary, where Danny Rose is moaning at Mourinho about why he isn't getting more game time.

Mourinho tries to explain to him and is relatively logical about it, and Rose finishes with "Well, I am going to go and talk to Daniel about this".

Law's take on it was whether that is an example of the fucked up dynamic Conte is referring to, as far as Levy is concerned. 

Far, far too present at the training ground too 'close' to the players.

19 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Yeah, it's an easy one to laugh at this, at face value, but if you think about it, between now and the end of the season, it is the most sensible move.

He'll keep them up (they are fucking dire, mind) and they'll have a much better choice of manager in the summer than now.

Just now, brummie said:

Yeah, it's an easy one to laugh at this, at face value, but if you think about it, between now and the end of the season, it is the most sensible move.

He'll keep them up (they are fucking dire, mind) and they'll have a much better choice of manager in the summer than now.

They looked shocking on the weekend, reminded me of Villa under Lambert or us under McClaren

I don't think Vieira is incredible or anything, but the manager doesn't seem like the problem with Palace to me, with their squad I wouldn't expect them to be much higher than where they are with the way this season's panned out. It's not like they were in a terrible position either, every team below Villa's in exactly the same situation and really it's only West Ham, Leicester, and possibly Wolves where you can say they should definitely be doing better with the players they have. 

18 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I don't think Vieira is incredible or anything, but the manager doesn't seem like the problem with Palace to me, with their squad I wouldn't expect them to be much higher than where they are with the way this season's panned out. It's not like they were in a terrible position either, every team below Villa's in exactly the same situation and really it's only West Ham, Leicester, and possibly Wolves where you can say they should definitely be doing better with the players they have. 

They're 12th so normally, you'd think no need to do anything rash - how many seasons in the last 20 years have you and us had where we'd take being mid table?

The difference is that this year's table is insane - 4 points between 12th and 20th.

Fuck me, that's got to be stressful for the nine clubs involved in that.

7 minutes ago, brummie said:

They're 12th so normally, you'd think no need to do anything rash - how many seasons in the last 20 years have you and us had where we'd take being mid table?

The difference is that this year's table is insane - 4 points between 12th and 20th.

Fuck me, that's got to be stressful for the nine clubs involved in that.

To me this is all the more reason not to make any rash decisions. I'm not sure what they're expecting Hodgson to do that they weren't already doing.

Their run of games since January has been extremely unforgiving: Spurs, Chelsea, Man United, Us, Man United, Brighton, Brentford, Liverpool, Villa, Man City, Brighton, Arsenal. There's not a single match there where I'd expect them to pick up points, yet they drew with Man United, Us, Brighton, Brentford, and Liverpool and even through those matches are sitting top of that 12th to 20th clusterfuck. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

5 hours ago, TheGuv said:

Total meh. Probs keep them up, it’s his boyhood club. Crack on tbh. Good luck to him. 

Owl will use his trademark tactic, ”parking the bus” between penalty area and midfield. Maybe those 0-0, 1-1 and 1-0 results are enough for survival…