The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Could see that going horribly wrong quickly. Watched a few Watford games this season as I wanted to watch Pedro. They have one of the best squads in the championship and certainly the best attacking talent and they looked pretty poor from an organisational and coaching perspective. 

Agree, for the games I watched it was extreme counter attack.

18 minutes ago, 54 said:

At what point do we think Klopp would be in trouble out of interest? Obviously not even close ATM, just curious as to what it would take.

IMO its his last season in England regardless of what happens next (Haaland has ended it as a competition for the next 2 seasons and he won't want to just exist) but do think he'll deflect on to everyone else, eventually the owners, players & fans will get some of his whining aimed at them.

37 minutes ago, 54 said:

At what point do we think Klopp would be in trouble out of interest? Obviously not even close ATM, just curious as to what it would take.

I think if the start of next season is similar he’ll go but it also might be off his own back.

I used to really like Klopp when he was at Dortmund, he managed to stay grounded and seemed to revel in the role of the underdog to Bayern. He seemed genuine, passionate and relatable but all of that has disappeared now. 

He's now really arrogant, surly, dismissive and seems to resent any criticism. He does the Bruce thing of answering before questions have been asked which is rude as fuck tbh and just gives a single word answer to decent questions. He's angry, aggressive and pretty fucking obnoxious from the dugout to other managers and 4th officials and seems wired to fuck at all times. Liverpool has changed him and definitely not for the better. He's gradually become an utter cunt over the last 3 or 4 years and I now long for the day he finally fucks back off to his next job, sooner the better, he's an insufferable prick. 

8 minutes ago, midds said:

I used to really like Klopp when he was at Dortmund, he managed to stay grounded and seemed to revel in the role of the underdog to Bayern. He seemed genuine, passionate and relatable but all of that has disappeared now. 

He's now really arrogant, surly, dismissive and seems to resent any criticism. He does the Bruce thing of answering before questions have been asked which is rude as fuck tbh and just gives a single word answer to decent questions. He's angry, aggressive and pretty fucking obnoxious from the dugout to other managers and 4th officials and seems wired to fuck at all times. Liverpool has changed him and definitely not for the better. He's gradually become an utter cunt over the last 3 or 4 years and I now long for the day he finally fucks back off to his next job, sooner the better, he's an insufferable prick. 

Well said! Hopefully France or Germany. Any league I don't care for or watch.

I didn't mind Klopp's over the top mannerisms previously, he has brought colour and some great football to the Premier. But everything has it's place, and I can't for the life of me work out why he has come out all aggressive and downright disrespectful of NUFC this season. The guy looked seriously unhinged, and now it just comes across as plain ugly. I think he realised this and when they lost against Arsenal he was far more gracious, but the damage is done from our POV. We've got one of the most respectful managers in the game, so it doesn't play well when you get Klopp ranting and raving after a game he was lucky to get anything from.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

I didn't mind Klopp's over the top mannerisms previously, he has brought colour and some great football to the Premier. But everything has it's place, and I can't for the life of me work out why he has come out all aggressive and downright disrespectful of NUFC this season. The guy looked seriously unhinged, and now it just comes across as plain ugly. I think he realised this and when they lost against Arsenal he was far more gracious, but the damage is done from our POV. We've got one of the most respectful managers in the game, so it doesn't play well when you get Klopp ranting and raving after a game he was lucky to get anything from.

He's starting to realise that what made him good in the first place is now common among teams and he can't rely on it anymore, combined with the fact that most of his best players are ageing/losing form and can't deliver quite as much as they did before. He's a bit like Mourinho in the fact that he has a cycle of a few years and his magic doesn't work anymore. 

Can't see him being sacked or resigning though barring an outside of top-6 finish though.

The key for Klopp will be whether he can adapt; everything suggests he can and he will. I’m not sure if it’s a matter of Liverpool being “found out”…everyone knows what they’re doing, just that very few have actually been able to beat their insane press. But the high press exacts a heavy toll on players and I think the wheels are starting to come off a bit. They’re badly in need of some fresh legs in central midfield…Bellingham would be a statement signing.

And TAA either needs to start giving a shit about the defensive side of the game or Klopp needs to go with a back three and move him up the pitch.

Edited by Tomato Deuce

24 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

The key for Klopp will be whether he can adapt; everything suggests he can and he will. I’m not sure if it’s a matter of Liverpool being “found out”…everyone knows what they’re doing, just that very few have actually been able to beat their insane press. But the high press exacts a heavy toll on players and I think the wheels are starting to come off a bit. They’re badly in need of some fresh legs in central midfield…Bellingham would be a statement signing.

And TAA either needs to start giving a shit about the defensive side of the game or Klopp needs to go with a back three and move him up the pitch.

He doesn't know how to defend. Beyond keeping a line, he doesn't know what to do. When the ball is not in his zone, he's just following the line - mind switched off.

Even when it is in his zone, he's too easily beaten and then stops playing.

There's this idea that "he's not that bad at defending". He's absolutely awful at nearly every aspect of it. Easily beaten by basic 1-2's, doesn't read the game defensively at all ahead of him - just stands there, doesn't swivel his head to understand dangers behind him, gives up running when he's beaten 1v1. Total system player.

1 hour ago, Tomato Deuce said:

You think Wolves ownership knows they don’t have to hire Portuguese managers exclusively?

Jorge Mendes pretty much runs all in/outgoings so they’re pretty limited by their own choice.

Gallardo finally leaving River at the end of their current season. Be interesting to see where he goes; been absolutely brilliant for them.