The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

I do wonder how many teams are going to change managers over that month break, given it'll probably be used as a mini pre-season, it's the perfect time to change managers.

7 minutes ago, 54 said:

Anyone reckon Gerrard could be at risk if Villa's form doesn't pick up before the World Cup?

I hope they keep him there too long that it’s a wasted season.

To think they thought they’d be somewhere close to us.

28 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Must be dull as fuck being a Wolves fan mind. Their obsession with Portuguese players and managers is embarrassing. 

Portuguese super agent links so have to go that route. Don’t think they would be as attractive to players abroad not playing in Portugal.

I feel like they have a load of potentially class players on their day. Neves is brilliant, then players like Moutinho, Neto, Podence etc - these are good players but they rarely seem to put it all together.

The Portugese thing is just weird, mind.

West Brom could do worse than getting him in. Exact same points return this season as the main man, but 7 years younger, more stock in the bank from last season, and more recent accomplishments. I'd far rather have Wilder in.

A bit of a shame the way it went. Don't mind Boro and it looked a really good fit last season, immediately turned them around, that cup run was fantastic, but it's obviously not gone too well either side of the season end. Wonder who they bring in?

Something's awry with Wilder imho. Gibson is one of the best chairman in football to work for and Wilder has been constantly linked with moves away.

It appears that Gibson has binned him before he got the move he's been after all along.

A weird one all round. Wonder who Boro bring in? Surely not the Bruceosaurus when WBA imminently bin him?

In my chopping block top 3, he's number 1. I'd go:

1. Hasenhuttl
  2. Rodgers
  3. Gerrard 

Also, I thought this was fucking hilarious:

There are legitimate questions about progress'

Aston Villa's toothless performance against Leeds is a concern for Steven Gerrard, according to former Hull defender and West Brom coach Alex Bruce.

Gerrard's side toiled to a goalless draw at Elland Road, despite their opponents being reduced to 10 men with the majority of the second half remaining.

Bruce empathises with Gerrard, believing he needs his players to show more quality in the final third.

"As a manager, it's your job to find a way to get players into those situations and it can be so frustrating," Bruce told BBC Radio 5 Live's Football Daily podcast.

"Once in those situations, it's all about that last action and composure and then it's down to the players.

"They had a lot of those moments through Ollie Watkins and especially Philippe Coutinho. I feel Gerrard's pain."

Telegraph journalist Luke Edwards went further, pointing to just six goals scored in their opening eight games.

"They didn't impress going forward and Gerrard has issues to address," he said.

"There are questions being asked about how much progress has been made - and they've spent a lot of money."

:lol: Bruce sympathizer and goes to show only cretins will give Edwards a hot take.

10 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

In my chopping block top 3, he's number 1. I'd go:

1. Hasenhuttl
  2. Rodgers
  3. Gerrard 

Also, I thought this was fucking hilarious:

:lol: Bruce sympathizer and goes to show only cretins will give Edwards a hot take.

Getting an opinion on this from Alex Bruce is a bit like asking Ian Huntley for a steer on babysitting work tbh.

As for Edwards, that prick has made a total mockery of himself since pre-takeover. Hope the cunt gets sacked on the same day as Bruce.