The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Brighton appoint Fabian Hurzeler / Ten Hag to stay at Man Utd

cp40

1 hour ago, brummie said:

Hard to imagine anyone less likely to get it with the previous history between him and Purslow.

Didn't your fans have a banner when he was linked several years ago - something like "No to fat Spanish waiter"?

Edited by Paully

1 hour ago, brummie said:

Apparently he was sacked before getting on the team bus.

Sawiris getting so angry and storming out at half time last night, followed shortly after by Purslow, that's not a good sign!

Feel like you’re trying to kid yourself a bit here, like all of your club was madly into getting rid of Gerrard and that can only mean brilliant appointments from here. 

7 minutes ago, Paully said:

Didn't your fans have a banner when he was linked several years ago - something like "No to fat Spanish waiter"?

I don't remember that at all. I don't even remember him coming close to our job tbh. 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

I think people have jumped the gun far too quickly with Lampard now supposedly being better than Gerrard like. Everton's results have been okay so far but that's it and I'd put that down to a couple of solid defensive signings and a competetive midfield. Coady and Tarkowski were good signings, especially Coady. Beyond that though, they create very very little and their wing play especially is non-existent. They've had 1 shot on target in the last 2 matches. 1! 

Aye - think i've discussed this elsewhere on here. Lampard has understood and worked well in terms of squad dynamics and Gerrard hasn't but that's about it. Lampard's not done anything Alan Pardew can't do. Got the support of his dressing room, added "good characters" and put together a hard-working and committed team who defend as a unit. That's enough to get 8-10 wins at Goodison Park. But that's it. They aren't well coached. 

Gerrard didn't even manage that though. And his transfer approach wasn't coherant. Lampard's was coherant. They'll be a hard team to out battle and out run which will get them points. 

27 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Football conversation from Gabby Agbonlahor and Jamie O'Hara :lol:  Fuck me 

I think I say this every time he comes up but there is absolutely not a glimmer of thought behind Agbonlahor's eyes.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Villa need to get the proper infrastructure in place to avoid ending up like Everton.

IMO they should have never sanctioned the Coutinho, Digne and that Sevilla defender deals.

What do you mean by infrastructure?