The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Surely that job's Pochettino's.

I like Poch a lot, but not sure that's an upgrade. Potter would make more sense, he's clearly a talented manager and is ready to step up for the right job surely.

10 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Tedesco just got sacked at RB Leipzig - could Tuchel end up there?

Marco Rose is (or was) very close to signing with them. Tuchel could change that though. But I have a feeling Tuchel won’t go there straight away.

Edited by Elephant

Potter would be mad to go there, it'll take the gloss off the reputation he so painstakingly built at Brighton. Plus, Brighton is seemingly very well-run, a polar opposite to the short-termism that has infected all these Big Money clubs. Sign a quarter billion worth of players, no success, sack manager, rinse and repeat. Fuck that.

Potter to Chelsea has failure written all over it, doesn't it?  I really rate Potter.  What he has done with Brighton has been amazing.  But it's been built over time with a complete investment from everyone at the club.  

I've skim read pieces saying how his tactics are insanely complex and he needs certain types of players to suit.  Will the egos at Chelsea fully buy into his methods, or their styles even suit?  He's not a big name and seems like they downed tools for Tuchel.  Plus they get rid of their manager every 18 months or so.  So it doesn't really fit with a longer term build.  

I think it would be a bad move for him.  But in saying that, he has proven he deserves a top job and will get paid a fortune whether he is a success there or not. 

10 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Potter to Chelsea has failure written all over it, doesn't it?  I really rate Potter.  What he has done with Brighton has been amazing.  But it's been built over time with a complete investment from everyone at the club.  

I've skim read pieces saying how his tactics are insanely complex and he needs certain types of players to suit.  Will the egos at Chelsea fully buy into his methods, or their styles even suit?  He's not a big name and seems like they downed tools for Tuchel.  Plus they get rid of their manager every 18 months or so.  So it doesn't really fit with a longer term build.  

I think it would be a bad move for him.  But in saying that, he has proven he deserves a top job and will get paid a fortune whether he is a success there or not. 

Very well put. Potter should be getting a top job like Chelsea to win the league or CL etc. - but Chelsea don't give their managers time. Potter would need at least 2 years to properly change things to his way, don't really suspect they will accept not being up there immediately. 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Is this sacking in any way reasonable? I know they’ve had a bad start like, but they’ve just backed him with billions. Like, last week. 

SSN reckon signing were by 'the recruitment team' not necessarily all Tuchel's targets. So they were probably signing them anyway, regardless of manager.

I just wonder how much say Tuchel has had over all the wild spending that Chelsea have been doing. There have been so many changes in that club over the last few months, and the owners haven't given the team a long enough chance to settle.