The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Kompany to FC Bayern

cp40

Potter May be first choice for a Man City when Pep goes if he continues progressing at Brighton as he plays similar complex tactical football so would be a good appointment at a semi sensible club who operate similar to Brighton but on a huge scale.

chelsea are extremely unstable and therefore very risky

1 hour ago, FinnMag said:

Potter hype reminds me about those days when Moyes&Hodgson went to the bigger clubs.  Similar disaster looming?

I think Potters style of play is more suited for top teams, whereas Moyes & Hodgson were expected to change their style that made them successful with smaller clubs.

It's more similar to Rodgers moving from Swansea to Liverpool. Hopefully for Potter, he has a higher ceiling than Rodgers.

Potter and Howe are the new breed of managers. Brenden Rodgers I've never really reckoned. I know he got Leicester to 5th twice but in both those seasons he should have made the top four and blew up the last few games.

When you think back to the old school managers, how they'd move clubs then try and bring in players from their old clubs. Nothing to do with how they might fit into their teams. 

If Potter does go to Chelsea I wish him well because I really like the guy

I think Chelsea fans will probably be a bit underwhelmed by Potter.

Crazy that there hasn't been an English manager win the topflight league for 30 years (Howard Wilkinson). I'm not sure Potter will break that trend.

16 hours ago, The Bonk said:

image.thumb.png.1282be68fad6608c9e3ec0cf7402de0b.png

Man, why'd they let the mad bastard go. :lol: :lol: 

Wonder if this puts Gerrard on the hot hot seat? Would Tuchel go to a club like Villa? 

Good shout, Tuchel might have been a bit bonkers, but he did bring a bit of colour to the game. He will be a miss.

2 hours ago, Caleb70 said:

I think Chelsea fans will probably be a bit underwhelmed by Potter.

Crazy that there hasn't been an English manager win the topflight league for 30 years (Howard Wilkinson). I'm not sure Potter will break that trend.

We were initially underwhelmed by Howe, given that we'd been linked to some hugely proven and successful managers, but he's proved a good fit so far, seems almost universally liked, and has built up enough good will that only a 10 game losing streak could destroy. Given time and patience, Eddie has shown he can take us places, and if we don't turn on him could quite easily be ranked up with Keegan and Robson. Considering some of the dross had pretty much since 2005 its good to have a manager who is a consummate professional, seems to know what he's doing, and most importantly is getting results. 

Chelsea are underwhelmed as they could realistically have gotten anyone available and DO expect instant success. Potter should/could do well for them, but he's not a 'name' and will have to deliver more quickly than his experience has shown. If they give him more than a season him/they could do good things, but if he's got the standard Chelsea 12-18 months then he is stuffed, and they are another 12-18 months behind. Hope he fails miserably

I was listening to Sidwell, who played for Potter, on Talksport yesterday talking about Potter and him moving to Chelsea, like Sidwell did as a player.

From what he said I could see Chelsea having a huge new manager bounce. The areas they have struggled with are the forward areas, where most of the talent they have are younger players, and Sidwell was saying how great Potter is with players and that he listens to them and really gains their trust.

Could really see the likes of Pulisic, Gallagher, Mount and Havertz reaching much higher levels right away.

If only our owners had backed Potter, we could see he was a very good manager and had he been backed and he stayed we would have returned to the Premier League.

Instead they sold anything not tied down and he left.

37 minutes ago, Groo said:

If only our owners had backed Potter, we could see he was a very good manager and had he been backed and he stayed we would have returned to the Premier League.

Instead they sold anything not tied down and he left.

Swansea are great at spotting good up coming managers, they’re just terrible at being patient with them. 

Rodgers

Laudrup

Potter

Cooper