The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

I just don’t think changing a manager for 4-5 games ever makes sense. The only way I could see it working is if a manager has completely stifled a really talented team. New manager comes in and gives the freedom back to the players, no real focus on systems and the players let the shackles off.

Bringing in an Allardyce, whose main attribute will be to strengthen the defence and stop leaking goals makes no sense at all. There’s not enough time for him to work with the players and at this stage in the season, people will just batter them as they’ll know that Allardyce will be playing everyone behind the ball 

Anyone who's watched Leeds lately know they can't sit back and defend and Gracia attempting to do that is what has caused them to ship 22 goals in April, so hiring Alladyce a defensive minded manager makes no sense to me, especially given he'll barely have any time on the training pitch and only be at the club for three weeks.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

First game, Man City away. Get battered 7-0. Yes please.

Following which Allardyce is sacked and Sammy Lee is caretaker for the final three games. 

3 hours ago, Ace said:

I hate that big sham is getting the job when we still have them to play because despite actually being a good defensive coach he’s a spakey Mackem bastard 

He’s not. 

With a transfer window he can get players in to suit his style and do a decent job. Without it. He’s pap. 

3 hours ago, gbandit said:

Will be amazing to see Sam get relegated

Got relegated a couple seasons back with WBA no? 

We’ll smash a Big Sam Leeds. 

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Seems having 3 managers a season is becoming a normal thing now. 😞

It’s a death knell. It ended Chelsea’s season. It ended Southamptons season. And it has ended Leeds season. 

Sacking Bielsa was stupid.  Sacking Marsch was stupid. Now look at them. 

Fucking laughable this, will only be satisfied when Leeds are relegated. Feel for their fans but that’s some of the worst board-level decision making you’re ever going to see by Leeds throughout this season 

15 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Got relegated a couple seasons back with WBA no? 

We’ll smash a Big Sam Leeds. 

Yeah, I’ll be honest. In my entire life that period was by some distance the least invested I was in football. Had a toddler wreaking havoc, the pandemic was raging and I’d tapped out on even watching our games. Didn’t even properly savour him taking WBA down 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Bielsa to Allardyce in just over a year is nightmare fuel from a football fan's perspective like.

Ye Da's Atticus Finch and your mam divorces him for Onslow from Keeping up Appearances.

Rafa to Bruce levels

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

They'll dig in against us now, fat sam will be desperate to derail out CL push. 

With what? They can’t defend for shit. There’s no way that fat cunt gets that defense sorted so quickly. 

Edited by Alan Pardew