The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

11 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I can see Carrick being under a bit of pressure at Boro again soon. Looking at the next games, Leicester away is likely a write-off, then they have Plymouth at home. Job could be on the line by that one as they'll likely be 10+ points from the Play-Offs if they don't win either. 

Think he should be alright, they create an enormous amount of chances and just miss them all.

:lol: Same. Or I just completely forgot. Ironically for all of Woy's gems in there the moment I cracked up is the deadpan 'I don't think they'll want that' from the interviewer.

Hodgson is a strange one for me. I've got a lot of time for someone who has managed to continue in the game for so long, but I'm not the one that has to endure the dour style and who am I to judge Palace fans for wanting better? Just like anyone telling us to be careful what we wished for under the copious amount of dicksplashes we've faced.

The problem is whenever Palace try to transition in to something more interesting they appear destined to fall to shit from it. Best of luck to 'em on this latest attempt. 

41 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

I suspect that was just an excuse to avoid the scheduled press conference

He’s in hospital.

Imagine sacking him when he’s in hospital man.

Ooof, that’s rough. Lovely Roy, hope he makes a full recovery and then can find a way to chill out rather than managing at the highest level. I get that he obviously still wants to but give yourself a break man

I don't want to speculate on his illness but imagine putting someone in their mid 70s through that after they have publicly been trying to find his replacement before sacking him 

Such a lack of dignity and respect

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Ooof, that’s rough. Lovely Roy, hope he makes a full recovery and then can find a way to chill out rather than managing at the highest level. I get that he obviously still wants to but give yourself a break man

Said before but if he still wants to work in the game I think he'd be a great asset to media coverage. Always enjoy his perspective on things.

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Said before but if he still wants to work in the game I think he'd be a great asset to media coverage. Always enjoy his perspective on things.

Yeah he's been on Swedish tv as a pundit a couple of times, clearly knows the game very very well. Unfortunately, I get the feeling the likes of Sky would rather have a controversial figure over someone who really knows football.

3 hours ago, joeyt said:

I don't want to speculate on his illness but imagine putting someone in their mid 70s through that after they have publicly been trying to find his replacement before sacking him 

Such a lack of dignity and respect

Such a terrible way to treat such a nice fella. Worst thing is, he'll try to understand it. 

Always struck me as a bit of Roeder situation this. He came in and steadied the ship but in no way should’ve been given the role full time. Especially not at 76. 

Parish is absolute tosspot tbf like. 

Steve Shitebag Parrish not just “shooting Bambi” as Freddie Shepherd once said but stabbing Bambi repeatedly with a blunt knife, kicking his head in, gouging out his entrails and eating them raw.

Never thought Glasner looked like a man who could grow a proper beard. 

I like Palace but having him there would tip it for me. Hope they storm to the bottom.

5 hours ago, Nobody said:

Yeah he's been on Swedish tv as a pundit a couple of times, clearly knows the game very very well. Unfortunately, I get the feeling the likes of Sky would rather have a controversial figure over someone who really knows football.

Maybe he could spit at someone, then they'll hire him? 😄

20 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think in a few years time there'll be a trend where PFMs go off to manage at the lower end of the Bundesliga, German Second Division, Austria, etc?

Carpet Head at Augsburg? Lamps at Sturm Graz? Dyche mixing it up at Greuther Furth?