The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

5 hours ago, TRC said:

What I admire about Dyche is he shaves his head, he's not actually bald. Very impressive.

Apparently he's got a very squeaky voice in real life as well. That gravel voice thing he does is just for show, just like the bald heed.

13 hours ago, JigsawGoesToPieces said:

I have been impressed with Iraola at Bournemouth this season mind

Was about one game away from the sack at one point this season. 

There's almost a negative new manager bounce these days while coaches get players implementing their philosophy. Iraola, we were slow with Howe, Glasner took a while to get going at Palace. 

Dyche is one of those old school bruisers, no ego about him and he knows himself that his style of football is outdated but sometimes effective. There’ll always be a place for a couple of those in football when there’s a squad that lacks talent or is severely lacking in confidence.

And it’s a pinch of those attributes that some of the managers who play attractive football miss when things aren’t going their way.

29 minutes ago, CallumG6 said:

The original 'source' of the news replied (according to Translate) 'They highlight the "denial" of news that they didn't even talk about. 😂😂':

Does he think that's some kind of gotcha? Why the fuck would they have talked about something they're only talking about now to say it never happened? :lol:

I'm well into the surreal world of Football Manager reality now, where players have become managers and everything feels odd. 

He’s Still fighting for that position, and he’s got a chance to go to Sunderland and get something I’ll tell you what and I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if we beat them. Love it.

Posted (edited)

So Nagelsmann and Ragnick not going to Bayern. Looked like a three horse race between them and De Zerbi a little while ago. De Zerbi going then?

Edited by nufc123

It's a fair point and there should be universal lobbying about the impact of broadcast schedules on fixtures... but we get absolutely nowhere with arseholes like him wittering on exclusively about their own problems - as if A, the situation is unique to them; and B, they're not infinitely more equipped to absorb it than others. All it results in is the usual tribal rubbish rather than a sensible conversation.

That said, by this point, anything anyone says about it - sensible or otherwise - is just noise. The horse has well and truly bolted with this extended Champions League. At least they're taking replays away from lower league sides I guess. 

20 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It's a fair point and there should be universal lobbying about the impact of broadcast schedules on fixtures... but we get absolutely nowhere with arseholes like him wittering on exclusively about their own problems - as if A, the situation is unique to them; and B, they're not infinitely more equipped to absorb it than others. All it results in is the usual tribal rubbish rather than a sensible conversation.

That said, by this point, anything anyone says about it - sensible or otherwise - is just noise. The horse has well and truly bolted with this extended Champions League. At least they're taking replays away from lower league sides I guess. 

:thup:

Specifically on Klopp, for me it's also the fact he's weeks away from concluding a job he's been in for a decade.  It has all fell apart for him in recent weeks as they fall out of competitions with a whimper.

He has a perfect opportunity to deal with it all with a bit of class knowing he leaves with his reputation enhanced and he is universally respected.  But it's beyond him.  He's a petty little man.

Just think back to Bobby Robson's quotes after that Arsenal game, about losing with class etc.  I know he'd deal with this completely differently, and I know what he'd think about Klopp's antics too.

To be fair they seem to be on Liverpool TV every single weekend unless its a Big 6 clash, there really should be a limit of times TNT can suck the same team off a season, dread to think how nauseating they will get as the season ends