The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Is Henry Winter insane....

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter 2m

End of the road for Moyes at #mufc: long-term, Giggs manager. Doing Pro-licence, respected by players & fans. His teams really would attack

A Giggs team would certainly be great playing away. Har har har.

:lol: Good one

Whoever they get in they won't finish top 4 next season without massive investment. Just look at that defence and CM. Awful.

They will invest, they would have done if Moyes stayed. Hell Moyes has spent close to 70m on two players and given Rooney god knows how much for a new contract.

Investment isn't going to be a problem here.

Guest neesy111

Whoever they get in they won't finish top 4 next season without massive investment. Just look at that defence and CM. Awful.

That team is good enough for the top four like. Moyes really isn't good enough to manage them.

It's not.

He's not an exciting choice by any means like, I'd far prefer us to go for someone unproven if they've seemingly got a decent footballing philosophy (god I hate saying that phrase :anguish:). He would be a huge upgrade on Pardew though.

Under Ashley we're not going to get someone like that.  We'll get a "safe choice", and Moyes is the best of those.

Over pardew yes but I think he's basically from the same school of tactical thought

Why did only the traditional big 4 accumulate more points than Everton during his 11 years then? You don't get that from sending your players out to nullify. Moyes would've had us CL regulars if he'd managed us in the same period.

They should be sacking whoever was responsible for recruitment in the summer over Moyes, terrible job. Moyes hasn't done very well obviously but in what was about as tough as it gets a season to go into he needed massive backing.

That team is good enough for the top four like. Moyes really isn't good enough to manage them.

It's not.

It is really, a lot of people forget that while they wern't all at the same club Mata, Rooney and Van Persie scored something like 70 goals last season.

Wenger, Rodgers, Pellegrini or Mourinho would have them in the top 4 minimum.

He's not an exciting choice by any means like, I'd far prefer us to go for someone unproven if they've seemingly got a decent footballing philosophy (god I hate saying that phrase :anguish:). He would be a huge upgrade on Pardew though.

Under Ashley we're not going to get someone like that.  We'll get a "safe choice", and Moyes is the best of those.

What makes Moyes a realistic target any more than the risky choice? His salary is likely to rule him out before it even gets on the table, and thank fuck for that.

Guest bimpy474

Is Henry Winter insane....

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter 2m

End of the road for Moyes at #mufc: long-term, Giggs manager. Doing Pro-licence, respected by players & fans. His teams really would attack

Yes he is, he thinks Pardew is an excellent manager, as thick as fuck if he thinks that.

What makes Moyes a realistic target any more than the risky choice? His salary is likely to rule him out before it even gets on the table, and thank fuck for that.

He's probably getting sacked from Man Utd man, he'll be in no position to demand huge salaries from anyone :lol:

He's going to have to take a pay cut, wherever he goes.  No-one in the top seven will be taking him.

He's probably getting sacked from Man Utd man, he'll be in no position to demand huge salaries from anyone :lol:

David O'Leary and Venables turned us down when they were both out of work because of the derisory contracts put in front of them. We really shouldn't under-estimate Ashley's penny pinching.

He was always going to be disastrous at Man Utd this season with that squad. All the pressure of a title winning side with a team who personnel wise are no where near that level.

But to have them playing the style of football he has speaks volumes. It's like when Allardyce came here, there was an assumption that with better players and more resources his style would be a bit more sophisticated, but it definitely wasn't.

He was always going to be disastrous at Man Utd this season with that squad. All the pressure of a title winning side with a team who personnel wise are no where near that level.

But to have them playing the style of football he has speaks volumes. It's like when Allardyce came here, there was an assumption that with better players and more resources his style would be a bit more sophisticated, but it definitely wasn't.

Spot on. Man U are unrecognisable from the team Ferguson left. They used to charge forward in numbers and that's all gone out of the window with safety first Moyes.