The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Moyes would be a great appointment at NUFC

I can't imagine he'd appreciate having players bought for him, working under Mike Ashley nor having to front the whole damn club in the way AP does.

I just don't foresee us ever appointing a manager with any real calibre under the Ashley regime.

Put yourself in their shoes. Why would you work, on a very performance based contract, earning less than your peers with less financial support and more general responsibilities due to a clear lack of investment in the club structure when you could wait for another job in a top 11 club?

It's such a transient business, that Moyes will be more attractive following a prolonged absence than he is now and he'll end up back at a good club.

I've never been a fan of his and ideally would look elsewhere but i'd still take him, like. I'd even take Pulis now tbh. I'd stoop as low as Mclaren before things get too embarrassing, fancy us to go even lower down the pecking order than those though.

I can't imagine he'd appreciate having players bought for him, working under Mike Ashley nor having to front the whole damn club in the way AP does.

I just don't foresee us ever appointing a manager with any real calibre under the Ashley regime.

Put yourself in their shoes. Why would you work, on a very performance based contract, earning less than your peers with less financial support and more general responsibilities due to a clear lack of investment in the club structure when you could wait for another job in a top 11 club?

It's such a transient business, that Moyes will be more attractive following a prolonged absence than he is now and he'll end up back at a good club.

Spot on unfortunately. :(

Can see Moyes taking some time out and then trying to find a job in Germany away from the limelight of over here.

Yeah, I'd like to think a lot of managers look at what McLaren did but they seem just as scared to move away as the players do.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Can see Moyes taking some time out and then trying to find a job in Germany away from the limelight of over here.

Celtic would be the easiest job in the world for him.

:thup:

Should imagine that there would be some clamour for him there too. Due a change.

I hope they appoint van Gaal and he's an extreme failure. More dislikeable manager is impossible to find.

Punchable faces thread, be surprised if he's not already in it  :thup:

I just hope Chile and Spain roll all over them in the World Cup. Or let Brazil do it in a last 16 round meeting. Fucking despise that man.

I hope they appoint van Gaal and he's an extreme failure. More dislikeable manager is impossible to find.

I just hope Chile and Spain roll all over them in the World Cup. Or let Brazil do it in a last 16 round meeting. f***ing despise that man.

Don't worry, Australia's got this :D

I just hope Chile and Spain roll all over them in the World Cup. Or let Brazil do it in a last 16 round meeting. f***ing despise that man.

So do I.. :anguish:

That's a shame. Was very much enjoying that. The new manager won't fare much better with what they're working with for next season, I would wager. Going to be a slog to get them back up where they want to be, but with their muscle they will eventually, you feel.

BBC have made a right meal of the story. So many column inches dedicated to why he should be sacked. On the day that our cancerous manager finally gets the boot, you know it'll have a paragraph about a fifth-placed finish, a line about a Meyler headbutt and some twaddle about poor form 'recently'.

:thup:

Should imagine that there would be some clamour for him there too. Due a change.

I think sacking Lennon would be harsh, as much as I hate him :lol: they are so far away from the rest of the league it's hard to distinguish between bad and good managers. He did OK in the champions league too.

Will take Rangers another 5 years to compete with them and we aren't even sure they'll make it. Hearts were close but have now gone into admin and been relegated. Motherwell will never make the final step up as they simply cannot compete financially. So, in the meantime, Celtic/Lennon are untouchable.

Bit of a tangent, sorry.

just waiting for the headline to change to Pardew gone.. Come on Ashley you know it makes sense. Could do it now would hardly make the news , as all the focus will be on Man United...

More from BBC Football pundit Robbie Savage: "I think Moyes will bounce back. Looking at Everton, Newcastle, Spurs, I think that type of club is what he is suited to. Manchester United was one step too far for him.

"We will have to wait and see if the new manager gets money. Whether it is Jurgen Klopp, Diego Simeone, Antonio Conte, Van Gaal - they are going to need £100m to improve that squad because some of the players that they have got there now have been so bad it is embarrassing."

Doug in Fife, via text on 81111: Which Man Utd players would get into Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool? Rooney maybe. Van Persie when he turns up. That's it. Man Utd were supposed to be different. I'm done supporting them.

:spit:

Yep, Moyes is a man of values too. Everyone in the game knows what Ashley is now after Keegan and Hughton, someone like Moyes wouldn't go near him even if the money was there.

Yep, Moyes is a man of values too. Everyone in the game knows what Ashley is now after Keegan and Hughton, someone like Moyes wouldn't go near him even if the money was there.

Well Ashley hasn't sacked Pardew for couple of years, so that's the other view of the whole thing. He's stuck with a terrible manager so maybe Moyes will look at it like that.