The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

But but but football insider said...    It was an exclusive...

Rafa's critics always tried ramming it down our throats he was in it for the money and would take the Everton job in a shot. God I hope he doesn't take it just so Keys and the other knobheads aren't gloating. 

30 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

I mean the Everton fans.

Ah ok. Sorry.
My opinion is the same of them though. Yes, he's very much Liverpool but I think he garners so much respect, I think the majority would see past that. Especially, if they see their club and team developing.
There'll always be a percentage will be blind, just because of the Liverpool connection.

The rivalry between Liverpool and Everton is as strong as it ever was even with Everton's lack of recent success . I'd also say the derby has changed somewhat. At one stage it was "the friendly derby" with supporters of both clubs often stood side on the terraces. It's certainly got more bitter. There's more venom and some fans of both clubs actively dread it. My stepfather is a blue season ticket holder and in normal times he swerves that game or even going to the pubs when it's on. Too many young gobshites who go absolutely tonto.

As for Rafa I can't envision him going there. He's a very savvy bloke, who's very aware of how he's perceived and there's too much risk of his standing with Liverpool supporters being tarnished.

2 hours ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Yes but none of that really matters if the fans hate you.

He called them a small club, it just wouldn't work.

He called them a “small club” in 2007.  :lol:

I don’t think it’s at all true that they wouldn’t want him because of a 14-year old comment. And if it were, they’re dipshits.

Edited by Tomato Deuce

1 hour ago, Tomato Deuce said:

He called them a “small club” in 2007.  :lol:

I don’t think it’s at all true that they wouldn’t want him because of a 14-year old comment. And if it were, they’re dipshits.

Well yea, aload of them will be dipshits, don't we just know it with some of our fans.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

9 hours ago, joeyt said:

Can't stand Wagner. Stems from that Champoionship promotion season

They must just be ignoring what happened him at Schalke. Sacked after a winless 18 game run.