The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

3 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

West Ham are only a sacking away from giving it to Mark Noble till the rest of the season. 

Weirdly his retirement shows how important it is to have the right characters in the dressing room. On paper they’ve went big in the summer yet still went backwards on the pitch. No wonder EH is being very careful with our dressing room balance.

Was chatting to an Everton fan the other day who was keen to bring Allardyce back. Not heard his name mentioned in a while, so presume he's properly retired (unlike Brucie)?

Fine, that's a sample size of 1 fan, but it seems to be only them and the real mackems that would want him back.

Edited by Abacus

41 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

Caretaker wins a few games and is total garbage after being appointed. Who could have seen this coming 

Think he’s doing well considering what he took over. He’s made them competitive and we’ve struggled against them twice.

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

Think he’s doing well considering what he took over. He’s made them competitive and we’ve struggled against them twice.

They've lost nearly every game for the last 3 months

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

They've lost nearly every game for the last 3 months

And they were expected to but they’ve been competitive in every game which is what I said. Unlike what they looked under Parker against Liverpool. They aren’t cut adrift and certainly playing for him. 

3 months does sound good if you forget the World Cup I guess 🙂 

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

And they were expected to but they’ve been competitive in every game which is what I said. Unlike what they looked under Parker against Liverpool. They aren’t cut adrift and certainly playing for him. 

3 months does sound good if you forget the World Cup I guess 🙂 

I think they've won 1 game in 11 or something (against Everton). Not many managers survive that especially with shiny new owners.

Don't think anyone would deny he did a good job as a caretaker, the point was that they've had really poor results since he was made manager and are in freefall

6 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I think they've won 1 game in 11 or something (against Everton). Not many managers survive that especially with shiny new owners.

Don't think anyone would deny he did a good job as a caretaker, the point was that they've had really poor results since he was made manager and are in freefall

Never said they’ve not had a poor set of results but a lot bigger teams are also having a poor set of results which far greater resources.

I just think it’s harsh to call him “total garbage”. When I’ve seen them they’ve played well considering their squad. Thought the Spurs and Leeds games were real gut punches and should’ve won both. Also judging them twice against us I was quite impressed how they contained us both games. 

I appreciate I’m different to most on here and judge managers on longer spells. There is something in form changing when a caretaker becomes manager that maybe lies more on the players themselves. Just look at Ole at the wheel 🙂

I still don't like him and hope he takes them down but watching MOTD and fair play to Lampard post-match for not taking a dig at the fans when asked about the protests to try and take the heat off him. All to easy a route to take as we ourselves have experienced.

6 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Now that Gerrard is gone and Lampard is finished, the PFM era is finally over. Alhamdulillah.

At least one will be appointed this season (PFM that is, not those 2).  

That era is largely done though.  Gerrard, Lampard et al. won’t manage the amount of games Pardew, Bruce, Allardyce etc. managed in the premier league.  The standards are higher. 

7 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

At least one will be appointed this season (PFM that is, not those 2).  

That era is largely done though.  Gerrard, Lampard et al. won’t manage the amount of games Pardew, Bruce, Allardyce etc. managed in the premier league.  The standards are higher. 

Dyche will return.

7 hours ago, toontownman said:

Wonder how big severance is for Frank. Imagine they ended up paying him a pretty packet when he signed on.

I think they have a choice, fund a few transfers or pay off fat Frank and his pals, I don't think they can afford both which is why I think they are sticking with him and praying that they stay up.

If West Ham, Everton and Leicester all sack their managers this week, it'll be really interesting who they all go for, as other than Dyche (which you'd assume would go to one of them), their aren't many managers around at the moment that would fancy a relegation scrap. Even Scott Parker is in employment ATM :lol: