The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

18 minutes ago, LV said:

What…..the fuck?

Isn’t Dudek the ex Liverpool goalkeeper and teammate of his the technical director of the Poland national team? Think that’s how he’s being offered the gig.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Isn’t Dudek the ex Liverpool goalkeeper and teammate of his the technical director of the Poland national team? Think that’s how he’s being offered the gig.

Ah, that’ll be it 

Not sure going into international management so early is a great idea for his career mind. Not that I give a fuck. 

Edited by LV

4 hours ago, WillDanceForChocolate said:

You forgot Gary O'Neil. If we lose again at the weekend, he surely can't survive. It's already our worst run of results since 1983, but we also look completely disorganised in every match. Players literally standing on the pitch and looking at the bench with their arms out as they don't know what it is they are meant to be doing.

It looks like the new owner is going to start spending money this week, which makes the O'Neil appointment even worse since a new manager may have different ideas about the players he wants. What a mess.

Absolutely no idea who we will get. I hope it isn't another internal appointment though. Just because we got lucky once with Howe doesn't mean history is going to repeat itself.

Marcelo Bielsa was touted back late October/November, any rumours around him now? Whatever that run of form was after Parker got sacked really papered over the cracks of O'Neil's capability. Would much rather Bournemouth stay up over Everton. 

4 hours ago, The Bonk said:

Marcelo Bielsa was touted back late October/November, any rumours around him now? Whatever that run of form was after Parker got sacked really papered over the cracks of O'Neil's capability. Would much rather Bournemouth stay up over Everton. 

Has a caretaker manager that gets the full time gig after a few good results ever worked out ? 

I always feel that Roeder did ok (in the context of history, maybe not so much at the time) despite the uphill battle and him being sacrificed to save Shepherd. He started as caretaker didn't he? Depends what you mean by 'worked out' I suppose. Lad won the intertoto :lol: