2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

colombian select gorgeous birds in tight football tops XI vs. rest of the world gorgeous birds in tight football tops XI

blatter would go for it, imagine dem viewing figures :sweetjesus:

:thup:

Cannot comprehend the amount of absolute retards coming out claiming Suarez has been hard done by. Maradona ffs, utter plum. Hilarious that many of them think this is a genuine conspiracy & that theres double standards. The 3rd time the clown has bitten someone. I genuinely cannot comprehend that anyone wouldnt just go, yeah fair enough hes a clown. How do these people exist man.

Cannot comprehend the amount of absolute retards coming out claiming Suarez has been hard done by. Maradona ffs, utter plum. Hilarious that many of them think this is a genuine conspiracy & that theres double standards. The 3rd time the clown has bitten someone. I genuinely cannot comprehend that anyone wouldnt just go, yeah fair enough hes a clown. How do these people exist man.

No place in football for a guy who's fucking bit a fellow professional footballer on the pitch - compounded that this is the World Cup and it's being broadcasted globally. He's a sick stupid shit house of a player who may well be an absolute gent off the pitch, but all of that talent is worthless to me and I don't respect him, nor will I ever "like" anything he does going forward.

Suarez is an arsehole, in fact i'll go as far as saying the whole continent of south america is populated by arseholes. The problem i have with every single one of them is not that they bite each other, because it was barely a bite at all, it's the fact that they can't see a problem with it and they feel the victim.

For fucks sake like, just admit Suarez is a cock and tell him to come out and apologise and take his smack on the arse like the whining little bitch that he is.

Suarez is an arsehole, in fact i'll go as far as saying the whole continent of south america is populated by arseholes. The problem i have with every single one of them is not that they bite each other, because it was barely a bite at all, it's the fact that they can't see a problem with it and they feel the victim.

For fucks sake like, just admit Suarez is a cock and tell him to come out and apologise and take his smack on the arse like the whining little bitch that he is.

:lol:

Every other group of players gets paid on time, but the Nigerians simply ask for what they agreed to (and what every other team promptly receives) from an FA that has been proven to be corrupt on multiple occasions and they are MERCENARIES! Keshi went several months without pay, ffs, while the leaders of the FA become fat rich men. Don't fool yourself.

Every single team in the tournament is paying it's players. It is a wild coincidence that the only teams having problems with this agreement are the ones that ALWAYS have problems with this agreement.

Great post.

Chiellini was bitten and has come out in his defense. It's a ridiculous punishment, ban him 4,6 months 12 months from football, but banning him from training and going to watch games is ridiculous and has nothing to do with a fair punishment and all to do with politics. It's ridiculous. Most of the world of football is defending him, everyone from Johan Alvbåge in Sweden to Falcao in Brazil to Alexis Sanchez to Chiellini in Italy. World Cup players are saying it's excessive. Why were Tasotti and Leonardo allowed in 94 to still be a part of the squad? Why weren't their credentials taken away from them and sent home? I don't care if it's three bites, ban him in official football games not on what he does in his sparetime, FIFA are really putting themselves into a dangerous zone by doing this and are going to have to go hard on every off the ball incident now. 

Sort of neither here nor there, but I was looking at how many teams from each confederation progressed to the knockout stage. Not sure it says anything, or not anything important, anyway, but it's almost vaguely interesting:

Confederation: qualified for WC/progressed to knockout (percentage progressed)

AFC: 4/0 (0.00)

CAF: 5/2 (0.40)

CONCACAF: 4/3 (0.75)

CONMEBOL: 6/5 (0.83)

OFC: 0/0 (0.00)

UEFA: 13/6 (0.46)

CONCACAF and CONMEBOL did pretty well.

Chiellini was bitten and has come out in his defense.

Feels to me a bit like Chielleni just feels like he has to be the better man. Not that I know obviously, but if it was me I'd want Suarez banned for as long as possible. I wouldn't necessarily say that to journalists. 

Chiellini was bitten and has come out in his defense. It's a ridiculous punishment, ban him 4,6 months 12 months from football, but banning him from training and going to watch games is ridiculous and has nothing to do with a fair punishment and all to do with politics. It's ridiculous. Most of the world of football is defending him, everyone from Johan Alvbåge in Sweden to Falcao in Brazil to Alexis Sanchez to Chiellini in Italy. World Cup players are saying it's excessive. Why were Tasotti and Leonardo allowed in 94 to still be a part of the squad? Why weren't their credentials taken away from them and sent home? I don't care if it's three bites, ban him in official football games not on what he does in his sparetime, FIFA are really putting themselves into a dangerous zone by doing this and are going to have to go hard on every off the ball incident now. 

Chiellini likely feels bad to have been involved in the incident. Why is it ridiculous? It is important that its three bites, what has banning him from playing done previously? Made him feel sorry for himself & then repeat the same behaviour several times. So you propose the same punishment again? Clearly the guy needs something that will hit home when hes in the heat of the moment.

Sort of neither here nor there, but I was looking at how many teams from each confederation progressed to the knockout stage. Not sure it says anything, or not anything important, anyway, but it's almost vaguely interesting:

for at least this cup, do you think region of the world had anything to do with it?

It seems the English media are the only ones making him out to be some kind of monster. Even here in Ireland the reaction isn't half as bad as in England

Chiellini likely feels bad to have been involved in the incident. Why is it ridiculous? It is important that its three bites, what has banning him from playing done previously? Made him feel sorry for himself & then repeat the same behaviour several times. So you propose the same punishment again? Clearly the guy needs something that will hit home when hes in the heat of the moment.

Why is it ridiculous?  Joey came out of prison hit a guy in one game then kneed another one, isn't that a three strike offence then? Why was he allowed near stadiums during his 12 game ban? Pepe, has had plenty of off-ball incidents trying to hurt players, far more than three bites and never gotten this long of a ban. Sorry, but I've seen far worse, I'm not defending Suarez btw.

for at least this cup, do you think region of the world had anything to do with it?

Yes, heat and humidity are completely unknown in Asia.

He can still keep fit/train on his own time.  As for being banned from going to watch games, fans get banned from stadiums all the time, most of them for less than attempted canabolism.

He can still keep fit/train on his own time.  As for being banned from going to watch games, fans get banned from stadiums all the time, most of them for less than attempted canabolism.

:lol: Forgot it's an individual sport. As for cannibalism, look up the internet for it's definition, or I guess we've changed it and all kids are cannibals as well? The ban is excessive IMO. I'll leave it at that though. We'll see how CAS looks at it, wouldn't surprise me if the games stands but the not training with teammates and going to watch games doesn't.

I really don't know. You figure CONMEBOL is going to do pretty well wherever. As Disco pointed out all 5 teams went to the knockout stage in South Africa. CONCACAF is hard to tell, because it's such a small group of qualifying teams anyway.

:lol: Forgot it's an individual sport. As for cannibalism, look up the internet for it's definition, or I guess we've changed it and all kids are cannibals as well? The ban is excessive IMO. I'll leave it at that though. We'll see how CAS looks at it, wouldn't surprise me if the games stands but the not training with teammates and going to watch games doesn't.

Don't know about the ban, but really. What kind of a person bites another player. The guy needs serious help. IMO he should be allowed to train and watch games, but these kind of players really hurt the beautiful game. You can't compare Suarez's actions with headbutting incidents, like Pepe&Muller, when these are usually slightest of touches that the other guy makes a meal of. What on earth was LS thinking?

I hope they do. It might remove some of the unnecessary crap that goes along with this game.

It seems the English media are the only ones making him out to be some kind of monster. Even here in Ireland the reaction isn't half as bad as in England

That's because most of the media over here are Liverpool fans and Dunphy will say anything to be "controversial".