2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think the ban should be closer to 12months of international football rather than hit at club level as well. 4 months of not going to a stadium is ridiculous, how about these people that cause all sorts of trouble and FIFA don't do s*** about them in countries? The hooligans in Brazil and England, the Barra Bravas in Argentina etc. I think the punishment is to harsh in the sense that he's done it in the World Cup. He should be banned from it, the qualifiers and then the Copa America. That's enough, hits him where it probably hurts him the most, not being able to represent his country for 12months in two big tournaments.

That argument would be a lot easier to make if this wasn't the third time he's done it, to go alongside the racism charge he was found guilty of.

Oh absolutely, but if you look the other way the argument would be a lot harder if players like Pepe, Joey Barton, and others who have time and time again done criminal stuff on the pitch got these types of bans as well. It's because a bite is out of the norm, while a punch like Joey at Pedersen or Pepe kicking the living shit of a Getafe defender on the floor are far more dangerous for the player getting it.

Also. Howard Webb ref for Brazil v Chile :anguish:

It's not enough for me like... 3 times.. Three f***ing times! Imagine going to work and biting a colleague to be told 'aye you're suspended,  but come back in 4 month as if nowts happened'.

It's bollocks man he should be kicked out of the game.

I bet there's a lot of tackle with potentially legbreak and name calling at your job? :lol: Fuck is this example, worst one I've seen so far.

I'm just saying, the way Suarez acts he'd rather have gotten this than 12 months of international football.  Official FIFA friendlies will count towards the 9 games won't they? He'll be able to participate in the Copa America as well...

Biting is worse, it just is. I know the harm technically maybe isn't as bad as a tackle, but it's just not acceptable in any way. He's lucky to be allowed to come back and play again at all, the game would be much better off without him.

As much as it's good that football is being finally being accepted over in the US, I still can't get over how shit their chant is :lol: "I believe that we will win" ffs :lol:

Biting is much worse than most footballing offences. Obviously he does it through a shirt typically but you can give somebody HIV or hepatitis, any number of serious diseases, from a bite.

The bloke's an animal.

I'm just saying, the way Suarez acts he'd rather have gotten this than 12 months of international football.  Official FIFA friendlies will count towards the 9 games won't they? He'll be able to participate in the Copa America as well...

Competitive internationals only been mentioned all over the media today. Unclear whether he can play friendlies or not, but the 9 match ban is for competitive fixtures.

I think the ban should be closer to 12months of international football rather than hit at club level as well. 4 months of not going to a stadium is ridiculous, how about these people that cause all sorts of trouble and FIFA don't do shit about them in countries? The hooligans in Brazil and England, the Barra Bravas in Argentina etc. I think the punishment is to harsh in the sense that he's done it in the World Cup. He should be banned from it, the qualifiers and then the Copa America. That's enough, hits him where it probably hurts him the most, not being able to represent his country for 12months in two big tournaments.

I think it should be 6 months minimum. Who are the hooligans in England btw?

I think the ban should be closer to 12months of international football rather than hit at club level as well. 4 months of not going to a stadium is ridiculous, how about these people that cause all sorts of trouble and FIFA don't do s*** about them in countries? The hooligans in Brazil and England, the Barra Bravas in Argentina etc. I think the punishment is to harsh in the sense that he's done it in the World Cup. He should be banned from it, the qualifiers and then the Copa America. That's enough, hits him where it probably hurts him the most, not being able to represent his country for 12months in two big tournaments.

I think it should be 6 months minimum. Who are the hooligans in England btw?

Fuck do I know, I call anyone who causes troubles because of football game a hooligan tbf as I think it's ridiculous. But our fans caused trouble outside St James after the loss to the Mackems and I haven't read about many being banned from going into St James again.

Biting is much worse than most footballing offences. Obviously he does it through a shirt typically but you can give somebody HIV or hepatitis, any number of serious diseases, from a bite.

The bloke's an animal.

Don't want to be that guy, but the chances of HIV or hepatite through a bite is extremely tiny even more so when these guys are professional athletes who get test every so often. I think any off ball incident deserves a huge ban, but where does the limit go when Suarez gets this but others escape with less for more? I'm not defending Suarez, he's the biggest twat in football, but there needs to be a consistency which doesn't exist in football.

Biting is worse, it just is. I know the harm technically maybe isn't as bad as a tackle, but it's just not acceptable in any way. He's lucky to be allowed to come back and play again at all, the game would be much better off without him.

its just such a ridiculous thing to do once, let alone three separate occasions and on the latest two have lots of people go out of their way to defend and excuse his actions portraying him as the victim of an unjust media witch hunt boggles the mind. Surely be to god at some stage these guys like Lugano, Tabarez, Rodgers and the Liverpool hierarchy have to look at themselves in the mirror and wonder what in the name of holy fuck are they doing

http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/news/46082/nigeria-skip-training-over-appearance-fee

Nigeria skip training over appearance fee

Posted: 27 June 2014 Time: 01:54 am

Print this article

Nigeria canceled a scheduled training session on Thursday after a meeting to demand World Cup appearance bonuses dragged on till late.

The Super Eagles were due to train in Campinas at 6pm on Thursday, but with their bus ready to leave, the squad failed to turn up.

Media Officer Ben Alaiya explained that the players were 'in a meeting' and would come out for training after.

An hour later, the bus was re-parked with officials saying training had been cancelled.

KickOffNigeria.com understands that the players wanted to be paid the appearance fee agreed with the federation for making it past the World Cup group stages.

Prior to the meeting however, the NFF Geneural Secretary Musa Amadu, had left São Paulo for Nigeria.

A federation official told KickOffNigeria.com that he had left to get more money to prosecute the not round.

"Funds were only released for the group stages, so he has gone to get more for the second round," the official said.

However, Amadu is not expected to return before the round of 16 fixture against France.

The squad are due to leave for Brasilia on Friday afternoon ahead of their last 16 meeting against France. It is not yet certain if they will travel.

Honestly :lol:

http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/news/46082/nigeria-skip-training-over-appearance-fee

Posted: 27 June 2014 Time: 01:54 am

Print this article

Nigeria canceled a scheduled training session on Thursday after a meeting to demand World Cup appearance bonuses dragged on till late.

The Super Eagles were due to train in Campinas at 6pm on Thursday, but with their bus ready to leave, the squad failed to turn up.

Media Officer Ben Alaiya explained that the players were 'in a meeting' and would come out for training after.

An hour later, the bus was re-parked with officials saying training had been cancelled.

KickOffNigeria.com understands that the players wanted to be paid the appearance fee agreed with the federation for making it past the World Cup group stages.

Prior to the meeting however, the NFF Geneural Secretary Musa Amadu, had left São Paulo for Nigeria.

A federation official told KickOffNigeria.com that he had left to get more money to prosecute the not round.

"Funds were only released for the group stages, so he has gone to get more for the second round," the official said.

However, Amadu is not expected to return before the round of 16 fixture against France.

The squad are due to leave for Brasilia on Friday afternoon ahead of their last 16 meeting against France. It is not yet certain if they will travel.

Honestly :lol:

Oh ffs. Hope France beat them 10 nil

Every other group of players gets paid on time, but the Nigerians simply ask for what they agreed to (and what every other team promptly receives) from an FA that has been proven to be corrupt on multiple occasions and they are MERCENARIES! Keshi went several months without pay, ffs, while the leaders of the FA become fat rich men. Don't fool yourself.

Every single team in the tournament is paying it's players. It is a wild coincidence that the only teams having problems with this agreement are the ones that ALWAYS have problems with this agreement.

liverpool are at a serious crossroads with the biting here surely?  the last biting one they could and i'm sure would argue that they stuck by him as way to rehabilitate himself from the first (with them) mistake

but what are they going to say now if they decide to stick with him?  it won't matter because the subtext will be "he's worth a lot of money, money > principles"

Every other group of players gets paid on time, but the Nigerians simply ask for what they agreed to (and what every other team promptly receives) from an FA that has been proven to be corrupt on multiple occasions and they are MERCENARIES! Keshi went several months without pay, ffs, while the leaders of the FA become fat rich men. Don't fool yourself.

Every single team in the tournament is paying it's players. It is a wild coincidence that the only teams having problems with this agreement are the ones that ALWAYS have problems with this agreement.

Preach.

I think his ban is justified. The only thing I disagree with is him not being allowed to even train. That basically means a 4 month ban, is a 6 month ban, if you can't even kick a ball with a professional trainer. There is a FIFA License A holder poster on RAWK and he says, if he is caught in a football stadium even in Angola let's say, or with a football trainer..FIFA could remove his international clearance and that's the end of his professional career basically.

One thing that bugs me though, is that Pepe for example, had head butted 2 players in his career before (Not to mention actively kicking the living of that Getafe player). He did headbutt a third one in this WC (Muller), and FIFA only gave him a one game ban. Aren't both Headbutting and Biting considered violent conduct ?

Or when Poulsen punched Rosenberg in the stomach in Euro 08 qualifiers a few years ago, he only got a 3 game ban. Totti spitting on Poulsen (I reckon Spitting is  the lowest of acts. He got 3 game ban right?) was just an international ban. Totti, my favourite player ever :aww: just some examples.

Not defending Suarez. He is a knob and an idiot and a mental patient. But hope from now on, other violent conducts who can be actually more life-threatening get the same punishment. As for Suarez, I worry for his health and hope he gets the right help. Would be sad if such a gifted player ends up committing suicide or such. He clearly needs help and he got it from Dr. Peters at Liverpool this season where he was totally controversy-free, f*** knows what happened to him in Uruguay camp again. Be it in Barcelona or Liverpool, I hope he uses this ban to fix his head.

Glad Algeria made it. Would have been a travesty if Russia pulled it off. Decent round of 16....fancy Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Greece, France, Germany, Argentina and USA to make it to the last 8.