2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The pots will be as follows:

Pot 1 (Seeded Teams)

Brazil

Argentina

Colombia

Uruguay

Belgium

Germany

Spain

Switzerland

Pot 2 (South America and Africa)

Algeria

Cameroon

Cote d'Ivoire

Ghana

Nigeria

Chile

Ecuador

Pot 3 (Concacaf and Asia)

Australia

Iran

Japan

Korea Republic

Costa Rica

Honduras

Mexico

USA

Pot 4 (Europe)

Bosnia-Herzegovina

Croatia

England

France

Greece

Italy

Netherlands

Portugal

Russia

The rules for the draw allow for only two European teams to be in the same group while the other teams cannot be grouped together with teams from their same federations.

Since Chile and Ecuador cannot be in the same group as other South American nations, by rule, these two nations will have to be in the same group as one of the European top seeds.

With pot four containing nine teams, there will be a special accommodation made that will see one of the teams from the pot placed into a special pot in the begining of the draw to even out the groups. This will see one of these teams grouped together with one of the South American top seeds.

So...trying to eigh up whether it's better for England to get moved to pot 2 or not.

On the one hand, could draw Greece or Croatia...on the other hand I'd fancy us to beat everyone in pot 2 except Chile and possibly Ivory Coast. Also if we do get moved to pot 2 we'd have to play one of Argentina, Brazil, Colombia or Uruguay.

Conclusion: Hopefully we stay in pot 4, we're probably fucked either way.

It is unfortunate France is no longer in the pot with African sides. They just add to the dangerous and pedigreed sides you would want to avoid in Group 4. Out of group 1, you would obviously want to avoid Brazil, Argentina, Germany, or Spain. Outside of that, it would helpful to avoid US, Mexico, Japan, and Korea from pot 3 because the rest of those teams represent the worst in the tournament (I would include Algeria from pot2 in that as well).

So basically we could actually have a

Brazil/Argentina

Italy/England/France/Netherlands

USA/Ivory Coast

?

That would be insane. I'd love to avoid England. Rest I think we can deal with. Especially Netherlands and Italy.

Brazil/Argentina

USA/Ivory Coast

?

That would be insane. I'd love to avoid England. Rest I think we can deal with. Especially Netherlands and Italy.

Missed a chance pissing off the Yanks there.

Brazil/Argentina

USA/Ivory Coast

?

I don't think you can have Ivory Coast in that senario, unless I'm misunderstanding it. Doesn't the 2nd Euro country replace someone from pot 2?

Brazil/Argentina

USA/Ivory Coast

?

I don't think you can have Ivory Coast in that senario, unless I'm misunderstanding it. Doesn't the 2nd Euro country replace someone from pot 2?

Aye, Fifa showing how f*cking backwards they are once again.

Ideal scenario is Switzerland, Ecuador, USA, England.

Ecuador

Angleterre

Switzerland

Yanks

So we can embarrass you lot again?

So sweet how proud you are of a 1-1 draw off a fluke goal :lol:

Piss off Dan. You're one of us now. Can't come over here, take one of our women, and still fly the Union Jack St. George's Cross. :lol:

It was a 1-1 victory for all of America.

Ecuador

Angleterre

Switzerland

Yanks

Piss off Dan. You're one of us now. Can't come over here, take one of our women, and still fly the Union Jack St George Cross. :lol:

FYP.

Ecuador

Angleterre

Switzerland

Yanks

Piss off Dan. You're one of us now. Can't come over here, take one of our women, and still fly the Union Jack St George Cross. :lol:

FYP.

Just beat my edit.

I can't see Ecuador doing much outside their precious altitude, but Switzerland are not to be underestimated could actually see them getting to the quarters with a bit of luck.

Tough field this year. Which specific group (A, B, C, etc.) each team is drawn into will almost be as important as which teams it will be playing. Gonna be hot as hell in some of those cities.