2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

All the positives were in our attacking play which was good, but I'm concerned with the lack of experience in the defence.

Who are our better CFs than Wayne Rooney?

Sturridge.

In one.

It's arguable at best. Though they traditionally play in different positions and it's misleading to suggest we have more than one better than Rooney.

No it isn't arguable in the slightest.  Daniel Sturridge did more in one game than Wayne Rooney has in any tournament since 2004.

Guest TruToon94

The match was odd because on the one hand, the future is very bright for England. All the young players looked great. On the other hand it's annoying the old guard won't wither and die despite putting in embarrassing. Rooney and Gerrard embarrassed themselves last night compared to the likes of Sturridge and Sterling. Annoys me in this country we won't drop players, no matter how shite they were if they're in favour. 

Sturidge isn't better than Rooney for me, he may be in better form but a better player?

We could always play 2 upfront and try and get the best out of both of them

I don't think you can change the whole system you've built for two years just to accommodate a player who clearly doesn't cut it at the very top level.

Rooney and Gerrard did not embarrass themselves ffs.

:thup: It's fucking mental, and pretty typical of us.

Rooney had a pretty poor game on the whole I thought and looked permanently angry throughout, but he set our goal up with a fantastic cross from his left foot. Gerrard and Henderson against Pirlo, Marchisio and De Rossi was always going to be difficult, we don't have any kind of imposing midfielder to stick in there either, but he still kept the ball moving forward whenever he was on it and he was involved a lot.

Sturridge.

In one.

It's arguable at best. Though they traditionally play in different positions and it's misleading to suggest we have more than one better than Rooney.

No it isn't arguable in the slightest.  Daniel Sturridge did more in one game than Wayne Rooney has in any tournament since 2004.

So you're saying it is arguable. :lol:

I was prouder in that defeat than I've been in most England victories over the last few years at least. It's odd. I thought we were very good aside from when it truly mattered.

I thought the BBC pundits were all spot on as well.

Totally agree KI. Great to see an England team with some drive and intention.

Sturridge.

In one.

Not.

As individuals we have just as much quality as Italy and had all our players fit unlike them. Yet, as a team, they looked a level above.

Anyone 'proud' of that England performance wants their stupid face slapped.

Sturridge.

In one.

Not.

You need to look up the definition of the word then, mate. :thup:

As individuals we have just as much quality as Italy and had all out players fit unlike then. Yet, as a team, they looked a level above.

Anyone 'proud' of that England performance wants their stupid face slapped.

It was the best and brightest England performance at a tournament for a while. It shows how low our stock has fallen though that people are proud of it.

Sturridge.

In one.

Not.

What are you talking about????

I was prouder in that defeat than I've been in most England victories over the last few years at least. It's odd. I thought we were very good aside from when it truly mattered.

I thought the BBC pundits were all spot on as well.

Aye. We were the better team but Italy are masters of the full victory.

If we turn up for the next two we shouldn't have a problem going through like. Love Costa Rica.

Sturridge.

In one.

Not.

What are you talking about????

I said it was arguable at best that Sturridge is better than Rooney. Your position is that it 'isn't arguable', yet you think Sturridge is better. You need to look the word up.

:thup: It's f***ing mental, and pretty typical of us.

Rooney had a pretty poor game on the whole I thought and looked permanently angry throughout, but he set our goal up with a fantastic cross from his left foot. Gerrard and Henderson against Pirlo, Marchisio and De Rossi was always going to be difficult, we don't have any kind of imposing midfielder to stick in there either, but he still kept the ball moving forward whenever he was on it and he was involved a lot.

They didn't embarrass themselves but it's not hyperbole to say they were poor. Gerard was anonymous, Baines was prob the worst of all our players and Rooney was tournament Rooney.

It was rather like watching us at a much higher level to be honest.

Round pegs and square holes, 

We were totally over run In midfield as Italy always had a spare man

They didn't embarrass themselves but it's not hyperbole to say they were poor. Gerard was anonymous, Baines was prob the worst of all our players and Rooney was tournament Rooney.

They dominated possession but I felt we were the more dangerous tbh.

Both sides had good chances I felt Italy out played us and deserved to win tbh.

Both sides had good chances I felt Italy out played us and deserved to win tbh.

Outplayed seems very harsh to me.