Everton 3 - 2 Newcastle United - 30/09/13 - post-match reaction from page 57

Nobody

Look at Pardew gettign excited on the touchline like he's done something. What an asshole.

Has he not changed the second half round?

I forgot he only gets the blame for s***. Never credit for the smallest of positives.

:jesuswept:

He told the players to attack at 3-0 down after sending them out at kick off to try and limit the damage and you reckon we should be singing his praises? Absolutely embarrassing.

After conceding three at home against Hull it's understandable to try and keep it tight away to Everton. With Remy and HBA we can score in any game. That failed terribly thanks to horrible defending by MYM, Colo, Santon and Krul. I'm pretty sure they weren't doing what Pardew told them. Decent second half against half-arsed Everton but it was still decent.

I hope no one calls me Parderer.

The only reason there was even an opportunity for the cracks to be papered over was because Everton not only took their foot off the gear, but got out of the car and went for a walk.

Second half means next to nothing tbh.

:sadnod:

Next to nothing is right, as opposed to just 'nothing'. If we'd continued to get trampled on it would absolutely obliterate the confidence. For all it isn't really warranted, the players will probably leave Goodison with a shred of morale after that second half.

Everton sat back a lot in the second half, we weren't amazing by any chalk... one wondergoal by cabaye and a scrappy effort with perseverance by remy.

Remy looked far more effective coming in from the side tbh.

Wow! Williamson was top! What a difference when somebody challenges for the ball... Shows just how bad MYM was. colo upped his game aswell and put in a shift.

Santon was crap again in the second half, should have been subbed for Dummet

Guest bimpy474

I'm not sure what to think about the 2nd half.  Was a much better performance by us but Everton went to sleep for me.

They did but we pressed them, amazing that a passing team doesn't like being pressed. Sitting back in the first half killed us, letting them play. And Pardew doesn't deserve credit for getting us to do what we should have done from the 1st whistle.

Bimpy your spot on.

The way we defend makes no sense.

We don't press

We don't get tight

We aren't compact

It's so fucking wishy washy, the players don't have a fucking clue what they are meant to do

It's like we make it up as we go along. It's been said by so many on here but it's true. We lack a pattern, an identity as a team. And after 3 years here Pardew will never find it and should be ashamed he hasn't tbh. And yet some still think he'll turn it around, it's baffling.

Look at Pardew gettign excited on the touchline like he's done something. What an asshole.

Has he not changed the second half round?

I forgot he only gets the blame for s***. Never credit for the smallest of positives.

:jesuswept:

He told the players to attack at 3-0 down after sending them out at kick off to try and limit the damage and you reckon we should be singing his praises? Absolutely embarrassing.

After conceding three at home against Hull it's understandable to try and keep it tight away to Everton. With Remy and HBA we can score in any game. That failed terribly thanks to horrible defending by MYM, Colo, Santon and Krul. I'm pretty sure they weren't doing what Pardew told them. Decent second half against half-arsed Everton but it was still decent.

I hope no one calls me Parderer.

It really isn't.

Everton were shocking second half.

Not really.... and they wasn't fantastic in the first half either.

They looked good because we allowed them to be and they looked bad in the 2nd half because we didn't allow them to play.

The same could be said vice versa tbf, but the point is let a passing team play and your asking for trouble put them under pressure and they won't like it.

As the old saying goes..... any team can look good if the opposition allows them to be.

Krul - 5 - not himself

Debuchy - 5 - thought was alright second half and not the worst in the first

Colo - 3 - no leadership at the back, criminally poor first half

MYM - 3 - One decent moment, otherwise embarassing (Willo - 6 - reasonably solid second half)

Santon - 2 - Just showed their admitably strong players through all the time. Should have let ben arfa take those free kicks too

Sissoko - 3 - Not sure how he stayed on the pitch, just misplacing balls, not powering past anything today

Anita - 6 - The only player to come out of the first half with any credit (Cisse - 2 - did nothing)

Tiote - 4 - Wasn't as bad I thought as he has been at times, at others just as bad

HBA - 3 - Did nothing of value, should have insisted on taking those free kicks, still shouldn't have been subbed off as perfectly capable of producing one goal out of nothing in any game (Cabaye - 9 - Seized the game by the scruff of the neck second half, showed why he can be great)

Remy - 5 - Was pretty poor but came alive in second half

Gouffran - 4 - Worked and worked a lot but ultimately lacking in end product, left Santon alone on the left a lot

Everton lost their heads in teh second half imo, all they needed to do was just pass it around the back a lot and we'd have never even scored once. Once they started trying to attack us loads on teh break from our attacks the game got ridiculous, and there's no fucking need when you're 3-0 up and the other team are all pumped up all of a sudden.

I'm not sure what to think about the 2nd half.  Was a much better performance by us but Everton went to sleep for me.

They did but we pressed them, amazing that a passing team doesn't like being pressed. Sitting back in the first half killed us, letting them play. And Pardew doesn't deserve credit for getting us to do what we should have done from the 1st whistle.

Bimpy your spot on.

We don't press

We don't get tight

We aren't compact

It's so f***ing wishy washy, the players don't have a f***ing clue what they are meant to do

It's like we make it up as we go along. It's been said by so many on here but it's true. We lack a pattern, a identity as a team. And after 3 years here Pardew will never find it and should be ashamed he hasn't tbh. And yet some still think he'll turn it around, it's baffling.

This you get the feeling over clubs are going places, they have managers with a clear idea of what they want to achieve and how they do it.

We have a blagger who just guesses his way through each game.

They looked good because we allowed them to be and they looked bad in the 2nd half because we didn't allow them to play.

The same could be said vice versa tbf, but the point is let a passing team play and your asking for trouble put them under pressure and they won't like it.

As the old saying goes..... any team can look good if the opposition allows them to be.

Eh? They were fucking terrible second half man!

It's like I said at half-time. The blatant lack of ambition from the owner hasn't gone unnoticed by the players. Add a negative manager on top of that and performances like that one in the first half will happen frequently. I'm not excusing their total disregard of the shirt, I'm just saying that gutless performances are predictable and isn't going to change. We've got enough quality to keep us in the division, but we'll have a season of mostly downs with the occasional up.

You can't get close to either end of the emotional spectrum because it's so obvious we'll just stroll to a bottom half position.

The game was finished at half time, Everton had the cigars out second half. The 'improvement' was circumstantial imo, they'd switched off.

No really, I think that's simply wrong. Everton kept going, and kept creating chances. It was our defending that changed.

Really, when you think of Debuchy, Colo, Mbiwa and Santon, they're all a bit flimsy and reactive in the way they defend. We do need someone in there who can at least try and take charge, and that's what Willo will offer.

Aye, shades of every time we play Man City - "you can't legislate for them being that good on the night" - erm yes you can, you can try and press in the right areas and use the ball sensibly when you have it instead of giving it straight back to them.

The only reason there was even an opportunity for the cracks to be papered over was because Everton not only took their foot off the gear, but got out of the car and went for a walk.

Second half means next to nothing tbh.

Game was all but won at half time, they switched off and we managed to get a goal back by a individual piece of skill (a great strike too) but other than that, it was as much to do with Everton being switched off, than us really turning the screw.

Granted, we were better second half, but we couldn't really have gotten much worse.

Mole, we couldn't have gifted you a way back into the game any more - just like us being 3-0 was in no small part due to your total lack of defending.

Beren's nailed it perfectly - we took our foot off the gas, ground to a halt, got out the car and went for a walk. It was farcical.

The hell is going on with Ben Arfa man? One world beating performance followed by 2 garbage displays. He doesn't seem to be a bull shit type person in the press, he has all the positive mentality in the world, something off with him?

Guest bimpy474

Bimpy your spot on.

We don't press

We don't get tight

We aren't compact

It's so f***ing wishy washy, the players don't have a f***ing clue what they are meant to do

It's like we make it up as we go along. It's been said by so many on here but it's true. We lack a pattern, a identity as a team. And after 3 years here Pardew will never find it and should be ashamed he hasn't tbh. And yet some still think he'll turn it around, it's baffling.

This you get the feeling over clubs are going places, they have managers with a clear idea of what they want to achieve and how they do it.

We have a blagger who just guesses his way through each game.

Aye, we really do have a bang average League One manager, the old type like. Not the young passing football types.