Everton 3 - 2 Newcastle United - 30/09/13 - post-match reaction from page 57

Nobody

Look at Pardew gettign excited on the touchline like he's done something. What an asshole.

Has he not changed the second half round?

I forgot he only gets the blame for s***. Never credit for the smallest of positives.

We are up the creek without a paddle man.

Open your eyes.

Look at Pardew gettign excited on the touchline like he's done something. What an asshole.

I forgot he only gets the blame for shit. Never credit for the smallest of positives.

:jesuswept:

He told the players to attack at 3-0 down after sending them out at kick off to try and limit the damage and you reckon we should be singing his praises? Absolutely embarrassing.

Much much better in 2nd half after that gutless, directionless shitshower of a first half.

If we can perform like the 2nd half more often than not this season we'll be alright, nothing to shout about but alright.

I do fear the first half will rear its ugly head far too many times though...

I'm not sure what to think about the 2nd half.  Was a much better performance by us but Everton went to sleep for me.

They adopted a Fortress Newcastle approach. Like Martinez and Pardew switched teams at half.

I forgot he only gets the blame for shit. Never credit for the smallest of positives.

He managed to set the team up completely incorrectly and let us slip to a 3 goal deficit before making even the slightest change but he pulled everything back in the 2nd half so we only lost by 1.

He fucked up.  Badly.  Again.

Strange one. Obviously you never stand a change if you give the game away inside 30 minutes. I don't think anything in the preparation it tactics can legislate for players just not even trying to defend. Shocking really.

Showed character in the second half, but we need to learn to play something approaching football for a full 90 minutes.

Positives

Scored a very nice goal.

Remy scored again and looked dangerous.

Only lost by one, which could matter come the end of the season.

Negatives

Everything else.

I hope that almost criminal lack of conviction from Everton in the second half (who could still have had another three goals with ease) doesn't gloss over the shitstorm that was our first half showing. It was utterly pathetic.

Williamson made a big difference to our defending. Whatever his limitations, at least he gets close to his opponent and he's decisive.

Yanga-Mbiwa and Colo haven't seemed like a good combination in theory, but we've run with it. They got found out tonight.

Pardews shit lineup cost us the game. Tiote was a liability and sissoko on the wing is useless, same as using him as a number 10. His weird stupid tactic with high line and the defenders not marking properly (tiote and coloccini). I hope he stays in the cesspool that is Liverpool.

Guest bimpy474

I'm not sure what to think about the 2nd half.  Was a much better performance by us but Everton went to sleep for me.

They did but we pressed them, amazing that a passing team doesn't like being pressed. Sitting back in the first half killed us, letting them play. And Pardew doesn't deserve credit for getting us to do what we should have done from the 1st whistle.

Same as the second half at home to Man City last season in a lot of ways. They switched off and we showed that we can play well when on the ball and in space.

Off the ball we're utter crap and will get consistently get punished for it. Stand by what I said 6 weeks ago: If we finish the season with this squad and this manager we'll go down.

They did but we pressed them, amazing that a passing team doesn't like being pressed. Sitting back in the first half killed us, letting them play. And Pardew doesn't deserve credit for getting us to do what we should have done from the 1st whistle.

:thup: I wouldn't give him any credit for doing the right thing once we were 3-0 down mind.

I don't even think the second half was that much better. Introducing Cabaye brought about a slight improvement; it increased our tempo and made us look vaguely capable of producing something going forward. But Everton switched off for long spells of that half and that's what let us on. That second half hasn't papered over any cracks at all.

Strange one. Obviously you never stand a change if you give the game away inside 30 minutes. I don't think anything in the preparation it tactics can legislate for players just not even trying to defend. Shocking really.

Showed character in the second half, but we need to learn to play something approaching football for a full 90 minutes.

It's the mentality of the man Ian,

He plays our best player out of position to cover off their left back ffs.

If someone is negative all of the time it starts to rub off and this is why we've seen every single player we've bought under Pardew go backwards.