mackems vs Newcastle United - Sunday 27th October @ 1.30pm (live on Sky)

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whilst I don't think we're 'absolutely fucked' with Dummett in there, Willo will need to give one of the performances of his career today. Fortunately, he's often been the type to rise to the occasion and he did well against Liverpool, so I'm fairly confident he'll do well.

Guest Slippery Sam

One plus with Dummett is that you have a left footed centre back on that side, should be a decent balance. Looking for positives here!

See the f***ers have picked Fletcher and Altidore though so his physical strength is going to be tested...

Another plus is that he will be able to understand Willo's instructions without thinking what is being said. Small crumbs of comfort, I know, but....

With that centre back pairing, it's absolutely essential that we keep possession well and don't get caught in transition.

Feeling confident, we just need to keep our cool and avoid getting dragged into a physical battle. Time to show some maturity as a team.

3 v 2 in the middle for us should mean we can get hold of it and control things a bit better. Need Remy and Ben Arfa to keep their wide midfielders occupied to stop the supply. 

I'll be surprised if it's not Gouffran wide again, after his performance against Liverpool.

Comfortable with 10 men with Dummett and Williamson at CB against best striker partnership in the league.

But nah Sunderland are going to f*ck them up :lol:

FYI I'm not happy about it but there needs to be a sense of perspective here... they are against a team which have only scored 5 all season and have one point.

Altidore and Fletchet couldn't f*ck up a pair of 5 year olds....but nah they are going to destroy us.

Dummett was physically much more suited for Suarez/Sturridge though. All they have to do is go long on Altidore, who flicks it onto Fletcher all game long and such a simple gameplan could be brutally effective..

Looks like Poyet has gone back to basics - 4-4-2 with 2 wingers, I think that gives is the chance to control that midfield if we can see off their inevitable first 15 minutes of bluster - couple of their games I've watched this season they started off at 100mph then ran out of steam quite quickly.

I think they'll be more worried about our attack than we are of theirs. Altidore is toothless, thoug Fletcher is a threat. It's all about supply, nullify the wingers, our full backs should do a decent job at that.