sunderland 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 27/10/13 - post-match reaction from page 47

Dave

Never seen a player decline so rapidly as Sissoko. Mingin to say the least

He's totally fine when playing CM. Should never be on the wing

Should be able to pass a ball though in acres of space

Aye, his technique's always been questionable, but it doesn't hinder us when he's allowed to do what he's best at

We work all week on the 4-3-3 formation that has served us so well lately, and within 20 mins Pardew shoe horns everyone into a 4-4-2, instead of keeping his nerve.

What made him think that would change anything? Remy has now vanished, Sissoko is so cluless out left, Ben Arfa keeps losing the ball dropping deep in the centre.

How long do we have to keep dealing with this stuff. He's had this team long enough to know where people can't play.

So fed up.

stats say otherwise.

We haven't looked like creating chances, never mind scoring.

We have absolutely no presence in the box with Ben Arfa playing central. If you want to play a false nine you need your wingers and CM's getting beyond and into the box.

Need to mix it up a bit. Gouffran has been invisible, I'd stick Cisse on for him.

This is fucking awful like. There's no cutting edge to our play whatsoever, we're just passing it in front of them without really hurting them. They look quite comfortable tbh and now they've got the goal they have no reason to change anything. There's no urgency, and a lack of space and options because the game is being played in such a small area. That early goal suited them down to the ground perfectly. 

We need Cisse on for Gouffran. There's absolutely fuck all to aim for in the box. Remy left, Ben Arfa right.

I'd go for Shola rather than Cisse. Cisse has all the presence of fucking Casper the Ghost.

Shola and Anita for me. Gouff and Sissoko off.

"I really think the team is in decent shape," says Pardew. "I've set it up in much more attacking mode with three strikers and will continue to do so regardless of who they are.

"I like the feel of this team – it's got goals. I'd like to lock up the back door a bit more but I'm not going to stray from what I think is the way forward for Newcastle and that's to try to score goals."

Right then

Took all of 20 mins  :lol:

Tiote (Anita)

Cabaye  Sissoko

Ben Arfa                        Remy

Gouffran (Cisse)

There. Easy as that, Alan.

Tiote has been our best player.

The front three are absolutely all over the place. It's not fluidity, it's just utter cluelessness. No one knows where they're meant to be and it's left every single attack disjointed. We look like we did last season going forward - no gameplan. It's gonna take something seriously opportunist to force a goal at this rate because they've got us easily sussed atm.

It hasn't been a front 3 since about 20 minutes in. Pardew panicked back to 4-4-2 with Sissoko and Gouffran shoehorned into wide areas. They're lost.

Tiote (Anita)

Cabaye  Sissoko

Ben Arfa                        Remy

Gouffran (Cisse)

There. Easy as that, Alan.

Tiote has been our best player.

They've all been fucking shit man.

Every single one of them, and Pardew is a spineless cunt.

Never seen a player decline so rapidly as Sissoko. Mingin to say the least

He's totally fine when playing CM. Should never be on the wing

Should be able to pass a ball though in acres of space

Aye, his technique's always been questionable, but it doesn't hinder us when he's allowed to do what he's best at

Hes been decent at best wherever he's played since Chelsea bar maybe one or two games of looking good. He doesnt impose himself whatsoever for someone whos shown his pace/strength. You rarely see him tackling, pressing heavily constantly, or pacing past anyone.